Naked note 2?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the verizon case with the built in kickstand which is really convenient. But I took it off to clean it and I love it with no case. Looks so cool and feels much better. Anyone else brave enough to go no case?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I use a pocket pouch for transport but otherwise I'm naked. The phone feels so nice without a case and screen protector.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I use a pocket pouch for transport but otherwise I'm naked. The phone feels so nice without a case and screen protector.

Agreed. I took the screen protector off and figured I'd take the case off the clean it. After that I decided completely naked from now on.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
What a coincidence, lol I just took my VZ case off yesterday and it's so much better. My biggest issue with the case is it is sticky and it's much more difficult to put it in my pocket and take it out.

DvineMzM

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been naked since I got it but I did just order a flygrip because I love the concept. It's not really a case but I guess it will add some bulk. I've dropped my GN2 twice now and I've been lucky but it still doesn't make me wanna go out and get a case.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I would love to but after how much my s3s battery door got spider cracks and scratches I'm not willing to risk it... I need to keep my devices mint for resale value

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I did for a Short time, but dropped the phone multiple times. Then i decided to get a case, and haven't dropped it since. I agree that the phone feels better bare back, but I don't want to deal with a cracked screen

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I use mine without a case as I really dislike how a case changes the look and feel of the phone itself. I do however use a Monaco vertical pouch to protect it in transport. Otherwise I feel there is too much potential for something to scratch the screen just sitting directly in a pocket or that it's not secure enough and may fall out too easily. Something I've really grown fond of too with the pouch is putting the phone on top of it where it sticks to the leather quite well making it easy to hold with one hand vertically or horizontally or even sitting flat on a desk or table. No worries about the phone sliding around or slipping in your hand. Of course, during a phone call (holding the phone up to my ear), I don't use the pouch. Ultimately though, I'm VERY OCD about my devices and am always thinking about how to keep them out of harms way. So I have no worries about not using a case. :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've kept phones in pocket pouches for years and never had one scratch on my screen. I've gone naked without such case and the screen gathered scratches. I figure the inconvienence of a pouch that protects is worth it to not have a case and screen protector. If and when we see Sapphire screens than I'll do a OEM Samsung bumper style case and no protector. Honestly, screen protectors are the one reason I dont use a case.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I've kept phones in pocket pouches for years and never had one scratch on my screen. I've gone naked without such case and the screen gathered scratches. I figure the inconvienence of a pouch that protects is worth it to not have a case and screen protector. If and when we see Sapphire screens than I'll do a OEM Samsung bumper style case and no protector. Honestly, screen protectors are the one reason I dont use a case.

Im really excited to see who the earlier adopters are of these sapphire screens they look great

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Probably not but removing tight cases could risk scuffing up the bezel.

Mine is okay and I've been taking this kickstand holster case on and off almost every day. If dirt gets in between the case then you have a problem...

bunky1971

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I went nekkid on my first note 2 and pulled the good old smash drop from slipping out of my hand. ..bye bye $700+
Bought another note 2 AND case And screen protector not losing another $700...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I actually prefer having a case on it. Not so much for protection though. I have the Android Central case with Lloyd on it. It's a great thin case that gives me some grip on the phone. The phone looks good naked but I can't use it as well with one hand without the case.

Sent from my Really Big Phone

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I didn't put any screen protectors on mine, in fact, I removed the one that came with the phone like a day after. STILL looks brand new since I got it back in December when it first came out. LOL :D
I'm rocking the Ballistic case though. Loving it and help me survived in a couple of mishaps already. Hehe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781