Naked note 2?

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Trident case and while it does add a little bulk, I like knowing the phone underneath is mint. I also bought some Zagg screen protectors but havent put one on yet because the one came with the Trident case is pretty awesome.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Can removing it hurt the phone? It was hard to get out.

Agreed. I had a hard time removing the case. I figured out if I first pull out the kickstand, it's much easier to remove.

As for having a case, I'm thinking of returning mine as it makes the device too wide for my liking. That and getting my Note 2 in & out of my pocket is a PITA with the case.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I finally decided that even though I like the phone naked, the usefulness of the kickstsnd wins. There travel been many times that the kickstand would have come in handy.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I finally decided that even though I like the phone naked, the usefulness of the kickstsnd wins. There travel been many times that the kickstand would have come in handy.

You can just get a flygrip

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Is like mine naked if I could stick a rubber type sticker on the back panel so it doesn't slide out my hands. Its too slippery naked.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
My phone has had the flip cover since Day 1. This is the closest to a case I will ever use. I love the natural feel of the phone and the flip cover wipes off my fingerprints and keeps dust out. So I'd call this semi-nude since it's not technically a case.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
No case for me, although I bought a bunch of them. I use a slightly textured skin on the back of mine to reduce the slippery element.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
How is it that the Verizon kickstand case that is textured is more slippery than the naked phone.

I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of the case. The pros are protects back and sides of phone from scratches and minor impacts and has a kickstand.

Cons are more slippery in my hand and grips my pocket

apalm8

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The age old dilemma...looks sooo sexy without the case. However, I can't properly enjoy the phone because I would be too on edge about dropping it so I go with a case.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
The age old dilemma...looks sooo sexy without the case. However, I can't properly enjoy the phone because I would be too on edge about dropping it so I go with a case.

That's exactly how I feel. But I have insurance on the phone for just that reason. So I don't need to worry about the phone but still enjoy using it without a case.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
How is it that the Verizon kickstand case that is textured is more slippery than the naked phone.

I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of the case. The pros are protects back and sides of phone from scratches and minor impacts and has a kickstand.

Cons are more slippery in my hand and grips my pocket

Hmm...not sure if we have the same case or not. Mine is rubbery and has lines on the back. The material it's made out of makes it difficult to put in and take out of my pocket. That's why I stopped using it. I loved the kickstand but I struggled (A LOT!) trying to take it out and put it in.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I buy several cases for every phone and always end up taking them all off and going naked. I need to learn to not buy any accessories for my phone. Just a waste of money

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I buy several cases for every phone and always end up taking them all off and going naked. I need to learn to not buy any accessories for my phone. Just a waste of money

Check out the Monaco Leather Pouch. It provides protection while the phone is in transport but allows you to use it naked otherwise. It easily fits inside my left front pocket clipped to the top of the pocket. Or in the case where the pocket is too small or too tight (ex. couple pair of jeans), I'll clip it on the outside of the pocket instead sitting vertically on my hip. It's also handy to put the phone on top of the pouch where it sticks to the leather making it easy to hold with one hand vertically or horizontally.

Amazon has it here:
Amazon.com: Monaco Vertical Carrying Case for Samsung Galaxy Note II: Cell Phones & Accessories

Or WirelessGround (where I got mine, also you can use coupon code "youtube" during checkout to get 10% off):
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II Monaco Vertical Pouch Type Leather Case with Belt Clip - Black

Below is a video of the pouch for a better look at it:
Galaxy Note 2 II Vertical Pouch Style Leather Case by Monaco - YouTube

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza