Naked note 2?

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Check out the Monaco Leather Pouch. It provides protection while the phone is in transport but allows you to use it naked otherwise. It easily fits inside my left front pocket clipped to the top of the pocket. Or in the case where the pocket is too small or too tight (ex. couple pair of jeans), I'll clip it on the outside of the pocket instead sitting vertically on my hip. It's also handy to put the phone on top of the pouch where it sticks to the leather making it easy to hold with one hand vertically or horizontally.

Terminology point! That's not a pocket pouch -- it's technically a holster because of the belt clip. A pocket pouch has no clip -- it's, well, just a pouch. I have the Krusell pocket pouch, which is about half the price.

I am looking for a holster though, but the problem I have with the Monaco is that the clip doesn't swivel. I have always used a holster with my devices to clip onto gym short/track suit waistbands, since phones generally tend to fall out of the pockets of such attire fairly easily. However, when I sit down (particularly in the car), I swivel the device to a horizontal orientation for comfort's sake -- and this would seem all the more necessary with the size of the N2.

Aside from this particularized use of a holster, I've generally been a pocket pouch guy not averse to going naked. I've been going commando style with the N2 from time to time, but the problem -- unlike with any other device I've had -- is two-fold. First, the device is more slippery than anything else I've ever had, and second, it's huge, of course. The slipperiness even poses a problem with pocket pouch use because it can slip when you're pulling it out of the pouch.

I've never been a fan of bumper cases, but I bought the Body Glove Dimensions case, which adds minimal bulk to the device while also providing a nice, textured and almost metallic grip.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok I now have 14 cases and this one came today and my search is over. It's invisible. Lol. I love it.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364848867793.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364848867793.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 28

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Terminology point! That's not a pocket pouch -- it's technically a holster because of the belt clip. A pocket pouch has no clip -- it's, well, just a pouch. I have the Krusell pocket pouch, which is about half the price.

I am looking for a holster though, but the problem I have with the Monaco is that the clip doesn't swivel. I have always used a holster with my devices to clip onto gym short/track suit waistbands, since phones generally tend to fall out of the pockets of such attire fairly easily. However, when I sit down (particularly in the car), I swivel the device to a horizontal orientation for comfort's sake -- and this would seem all the more necessary with the size of the N2.

Aside from this particularized use of a holster, I've generally been a pocket pouch guy not averse to going naked. I've been going commando style with the N2 from time to time, but the problem -- unlike with any other device I've had -- is two-fold. First, the device is more slippery than anything else I've ever had, and second, it's huge, of course. The slipperiness even poses a problem with pocket pouch use because it can slip when you're pulling it out of the pouch.

I've never been a fan of bumper cases, but I bought the Body Glove Dimensions case, which adds minimal bulk to the device while also providing a nice, textured and almost metallic grip.

My bad, they refer to it as a vertical "pouch type" leather case. I still think of it as a pouch though, as to me a holster is where the phone sits into the bottom and clips in at the top. :)

In the past, I've always preferred a holster (no cases, just a holster) like the Seidio spring-clip holster I have for my old Thunderbolt where the screen faces in protecting it. I was hoping Seidio would have one for the Note 2, even contacted them about it. But no go, just the combo: Active or Surface cases and their respective holsters. The only decent holster I've found otherwise is the one below (link and video). But it's designed for the screen to face out; too exposed for my comfort.

It's all good though as once I had the Note 2 in my hands I quickly realized it wasn't going to be very practical for me to sit with it on my belt (too big, gets in the way), not to mention it looks too much like a man purse on my belt anyway. :-[ :eek: lol I think it looks much better tucked in my left front pocket or clipped vertically on the outside of that pocket (in either case the clip holds it very well). When sitting I usually just take it out and leave it on the table/desk or in the center console or passenger seat of the car. Finally, I too found the phone a bit slippery at times when trying to pull it out of the pouch, but have since adjusted to it and have no worries about dropping it. I'm very happy with it and would buy it again! :)

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II Holster Belt Clip

mbar9607

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the otterbox commuter amd love it just wish they would make an optional belt clip for it likenthe defender

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It's all good though as once I had the Note 2 in my hands I quickly realized it wasn't going to be very practical for me to sit with it on my belt (too big, gets in the way), not to mention it looks too much like a man purse on my belt anyway. :-[ :eek: lol

Ha ha, that's why I'd only use it with gym shorts or track pants, particularly since it'd be covered by an untucked t-shirt.

I ordered the Cellet Teramo vertical case which (unlike at Amazon) is available here with two clips -- one a spring clip, and the second -- yay! -- a swivel clip.