Note 2 durability

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I got my note a few days ago and with it I got a verizon kickstand case. Well I personally like the phone without the case so I took it off. Then I put it back on to watch a movie with the kickstand. Then took it off. Then put it on to show my wife. Then took it off.

It's a pretty tight fit and was difficult to take off. Can this hurt the phone. It's made of plastic so I wonder.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't have that case in my note 2, but I had it on previous phones. I found that if you open the kickstand fully , that it would be easier to remove the case

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not going to put it on anymore. I've put it on and removed it several times and I keep worrying about it hurting the phone. So I'm going to leave it off.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Don't worry about it. I've got 2 of those holster/kickstand cases and they still fit fine. I've taken them on and off almost once a day since phones release.

I do recommend a screen protector. I, like others baby the heck out of my phones yet if I look hard enough I can spot some very feint small scratches. I recommend ismooth protectors. They are the absolute best.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to put it on anymore. I've put it on and removed it several times and I keep worrying about it hurting the phone. So I'm going to leave it off.

If you are within the 14 day return period, take it back

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Don't worry about it. I've got 2 of those holster/kickstand cases and they still fit fine. I've taken them on and off almost once a day since phones release.

I do recommend a screen protector. I, like others baby the heck out of my phones yet if I look hard enough I can spot some very feint small scratches. I recommend ismooth protectors. They are the absolute best.

You've removed the case that many times and the phone is still fine?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I remember using a Seidio Surface on a previous phone of mine (Can't remember which one) and it scuffed up the trim from removing it. I've made a habit of only using TPU Cases such as CruzerLite or the official Samsung Protective Case+.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

Yep. It's just a simple snap on case for the back, not going to damage the phone unless a piece of dirt is stuck on it when you attach it.