Polaris works well on Note but I can't get that for my Nexus 7, so....

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
is there a way that I can have a file reside in both my Dropbox account and my Google Drive account folders? ie, I don't want to have file concurrency issues with spreadsheets, so I want only ONE version of a file. I DON'T want to switch from using Polaris on the Note to only using google Drive spreadsheet app on both devices.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I think Polaris is a Samsung app. It is on my Galaxy tab as well as my Note2. It was never on my HTC or BB devices. If available for other mfg that's great. But even Play market doesn't have it. I tried and brings up other office apps.
May have to just use Google drive then for both or another office app. I have quite a few. But I really am sure Polaris is Samsung

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Office Suite Professional 7 is good too. I was fortunate to get free premium apps from Amazon. I am glad to get these apps. I always get the good office apps etc when free. I am not a gamer. I need good office stuff. Lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
If you want to spend some money, there is quickoffice pro. It os $14.99 in the play store and it states in the description that it works with drive as well as other online storage services. As for which ones, I am not sure.

It also has the ability to annotate .pdf files.

It's not wrong to fondle the s pen.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
what a stinking pile of crap Google drive is if one wants to open /edit a spreadsheet! I just copied (as a test) a file from dropbox to Drive and opened it on my Note 2. first of all, I got a message as it opened that it would be read-only, but I added some text to an empty cell, saved it (it said it was saving to my SD card. HUH???), THEN it said to save/quit/cancel when I tried exiting the file, indicating it was going to ACTUALLY save the file (if I choose) back to Drive. So I selected SAVE, went to my laptop and the file is UNREADABLE. F me.

EDIT: Kingsoft not only won't open some of my excel files, but in the recent past it has trashed those that it has opened, after I've saved them back to Dropbox. I can't trust Kingsoft.