Bluetooth question.

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up the note 2 after a long history with HTC phones. With the HTC phones once I paired my vehicle's radio with the phone, the bluetooth would automatically connect and disconnect when I turned the bluetooth on or off on the phone. I have noticed with the note 2 that I have to press connect on the phone every time I turn the bluetooth on. Do Samsung phones not automatically connect to the paired device when bluetooth is turned on or am I missing a setting somewhere?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what the issue is. Mine is paired with my car and it works automatically just fine. Every once in a while it will seem to get hung up and I'll toggle bluetooth off and back on, but it is rare and I think that it is more to do with my car stereo than the phone.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
My Note 2 connects automatically with my Ford Sync stereo. It picks up where it left off in BeyondPod.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
As far as Samsung goes, my daughter's S3 connects and disconnects automatically to her car when she gets in and out of it. I use a bluetooth ear piece with my Note2 and it connects automatically when I open the boom on it.

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
My N2 and S3 both connect to my Motorola Roadster handsfree without any prompting. This just sounds odd. When you first paired, were you asked if you wanted it to pair automatically every time? You might have to go into bluetooth, tell it to forget the paired device (your car) and re-pair. I don't even know if bluetooth still asks this - maybe it depends on the device you are pairing. It's worth a try anyway.

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I have owned/used numerous Bluetooth-equipped devices, including two owned automobiles and several rental cars, an Android tablet, one cordless landline-phone, 4 smartphones and 5 laptops. So far the only device that pairs and connects flawlessly every time is the MacBook Pro. Every single other device seems to connect, or not, at the sole whim of the device. My Note2 connects at its sole whim. (I should note that when I go into Settings>Bluetooth, I have no problem connecting with any other device I have paired with, and pairing has never been a problem for me.)

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I messed with it some this evening. It seems if I have the bluetooth turned on before the radio comes on it will connect automatically. Let's say I have the radio on before I turn on the bluetooth, then it doesn't connect automatically after I pull down the notification tray and turn it on. A box pops up on the phone's screen showing that it's paired with my radio but I have to select it for it to connect. I guess I will just leave the bluetooth on constantly on the phone so it will connect automatically.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I found some things were stubborn to auto connect to bluetooth with the Note 2. Downloaded "Bluetooth Auto Connect" off the Play store and it solved the issues I was having. Just a suggestion for those who also have a few devices that don't auto connect.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc