Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,210 Global Posts

Default Anyone use Asurion and file a claim before?

Last week, I was jumping out of a plane and my phone somehow came out of my pocket and hit the ground. Cracked the screen! I do have the Asurion and will be filing a claim shortly. My questions are ; has anyone filed a claim and received a device? If so is it new or refurbished? And do you have to send them your defective one?

Also, when I say I jumped out of a plane... I work for an airline and was in the cargo bin loading stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    10,606 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Anyone use Asurion and file a claim before?

Quote Originally Posted by DT81 View Post
    Last week, I was jumping out of a plane and my phone somehow came out of my pocket and hit the ground. Cracked the screen! I do have the Asurion and will be filing a claim shortly. My questions are ; has anyone filed a claim and received a device? If so is it new or refurbished? And do you have to send them your defective one?

Also, when I say I jumped out of a plane... I work for an airline and was in the cargo bin loading stuff.

Yes, most of the time it will be refurbished (only new if they don't have any refurbished and they happen to have new ones, both unlikely) and yes you send them the broken one , except in cases of lost or stolen replacements.

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts

I've replaced 3 phones, all have been new, very fast good service. You can only use it twice per account per phone.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    1,210 Global Posts

See, I don't get why we have to send the broken one to them. We pay for car insurance and when we make a claim we don't send them our cars!!! On top of that we have to pay a 100.00 deductible.. Rip offff.

Carrier
    JellyBeans

They send you the a new or most likely a refurbished phone, then you place your old phone in the box and send it back to them.
    All fairly quick and simple.

You send them the old one to reduce fraud claims. It wouldn't be that hard for me to tell them it was lost /stolen then turn around a make a few hundred on Craigslist saying it has a bad esn. Same with cracked screens. I'm not endorsing this or anything, but the only case I know of where you don't have to send it in is if you drop it in the toilet according to another post on here.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

See, I don't get why we have to send the broken one to them. We pay for car insurance and when we make a claim we don't send them our cars!!! On top of that we have to pay a 100.00 deductible.. Rip offff.

You can't be serious. A car is usually fixed,rather than replaced. If totalled, it's up to you if you want to keep the damaged vehicle, but you have to pay the salvage cost to the insurance company.

If there is no deductible for replacement phones, then the monthly premiums would be higher. THINK, McFLY, THINK!!

BOTTOM LINE: it's NOT a rip-off if you get a replacement phone for $100 rather than $700+
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    1,210 Global Posts

I do agree it is not a rip off. I shouldn't have said that and I see where they wouldn't want the defective one to reduce false claims.

My question is what if you lose your phone the find it after you receive your replacement

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

I had assurion back when I owned an iPhone 4 a few years ago. I actually lost my phone twice in NYC and had to use the insurance twice. $200 deductible for iphones but it was all fairly quick and easy to do. You can only use the insurance twice. The replacement phones were refurbished but in perfectly new condition.

Mine flew out of my pocket as I jumped over a snow bank, and landed on the sidewalk, screen cracked some rash on the side. Called and replacements were on back order. Took them about 10 business days to get me a refurbished phone. Looks pretty good, but I can tell this phone had the screen changed. My sister in law dropped her rezound, she had a refurb, in two days....

Funny thing is they do NOT want batteries, sd cards, or sim cards returned with phone. So now I have a spare battery....

Quote Originally Posted by B-Mod View Post
    Funny thing is they do NOT want batteries, sd cards, or sim cards returned with phone. So now I have a spare battery....
    Pick up a spare battery charger

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

actually when i drove my car through a flood(it was 6am,still dark and i couldnt tell how deep it was) and the insurance company considered it totaled, yes they got the car and i got the check

Is it only twice per phone forever or twice per year??? I remember having them kick me off the insurance because of the 2 claims within a couple of months.. but I think that I remember getting the insurance back again... i am considering getting Assurion (i already have BestBuy BlackTie protection) just in case i lose my phone (which is what happened last week)..

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts

My daughter claimed twice in a month. I returned both phones but they asked if it was damaged, lost or stolen. I was informed after that the insurance for that phone would be canceled but I could reinstate it after she upgraded. I'm assuming that meant a contract extension. Overall it was a pleasant experience. I had deductibles but it wasn't full price and that's all I could expect.

Sent by Accident

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Assurion has been fantastic. I broke my N2 screen and called them. The replacement was in the next day.

Global Posts
    388 Global Posts
    Carrier
    JellyWiz RLS13

Quote Originally Posted by wess580 View Post
    My question is what if you lose your phone the find it after you receive your replacement
    This happened to me and while I didn't send it back in, the phone's ESN is blacklisted, meaning you can't activate it on Verizon ever again. I ended up turning it into a Andriod "touch" with Skype wi-fi calling.

I can confirm that I just filed a claim this past Friday and received my brand new phone on monday. It was not a refurbished unit.

svenEDGE.. how much was your deductable?
    Quote Originally Posted by svenEDGE View Post
    I can confirm that I just filed a claim this past Friday and received my brand new phone on monday. It was not a refurbished unit.

Quote Originally Posted by K_Daddy View Post
    My daughter claimed twice in a month. I returned both phones but they asked if it was damaged, lost or stolen. I was informed after that the insurance for that phone would be canceled but I could reinstate it after she upgraded. I'm assuming that meant a contract extension. Overall it was a pleasant experience. I had deductibles but it wasn't full price and that's all I could expect.

Sent by Accident
    You're allowed to make two claims each year. I'm not sure how it works in regards to the year being counted as from the first or second claim though. An upgrade can be either a contract extension or buy outright. Not sure if she has to wait the year though so don't hold me on specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by BevHillsLexusMike View Post
    svenEDGE.. how much was your deductable?
    It was only $99

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Never really understood the insurance thing. Verizon charges $10/mo and $200 deductible. 52 weeks times $10 is $520+200 is more than a new phone would cost

sent from viper's note 2 using tapatalk

Is asurion better than that?

Global Posts
    10,606 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by viper31573 View Post
    Is asurion better than that?

Assurion is less per month and $99 deductible.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast