Note 2 + tablet vs. "as" tablet

8 corez

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello all...

I am upgrading soon, most likely to the Note 2. What I was wondering is, who here uses their Note 2 as their tablet and who uses the Note 2 and a tablet along with it?

If you use a tablet along with the Note 2, which do you use?

Most importantly, do you all feel that the Note 2 can be used as a tablet instead of carrying around two devices? I ask because if I go with the Note 2 I may want to use it that way... And if so, what are your experiences with using it as your main device?

Thanks in advance. :)

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I use my Note 2 for much more than I used to compared with my old Thunderbolt. I still have my iPad 3, but don't use it as frequently because the Note 2 is good enough and big enough for more of my tasks.

I still don't want to read long Web articles on my Note, but it is doable. My iPad is mainly used for movies and TV shows (Netflix, Dish Network).

I find myself using mainly my Note 2 and switching to my MacBook Air if I need to do more. I would like a Nexus 7 or its future successor, but don't know if I can justify getting it since it won't be that big of a difference in size with the the Note.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I use the Note 2 along with tablets (Note 10.1 and Nexus 7, both Wi-Fi only). Due to the size of the Note 2 though, I rarely if ever take either tablet out of the house anymore (unlike when I had the Thunderbolt and would tether the tablet to it). The Note 2's screen size is close enough to the Nexus 7 that it's not worth taking it anymore or messing with tethering it to the phone. And even though the Note 10.1 is almost double the screen size, it's just not as portable. When I'm at home though, I still prefer to use the Note 10.1 (for its larger screen), but will sometimes use the Note 2 when I don't feel like messing with the size of the tablet or when I need the faster LTE speeds (blows my home DSL out of the water). As to the Nexus 7, thought about selling it, but instead found it works best as a night stand alarm clock and for occasional bedside use. In the end though, if I had to I could get by using just the Note 2 all the time. :)

Jbairdjr

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I use my Note 2 along with a Galaxy tab 10.1 and Nexus 7.
I have found I really only use the Galaxy tab 10 on the elliptical. I use my Nexus 7 quite a bit, although since buying the Note 2, I use it less. I think the screen size on the Note 2 had made it my number one device, where the Nexus 7 was used a little more before.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I use my Note 2 a lot but sometimes, I use my new ipad due to its larger size. Watching movies is certainly a big plus for the new ipad, or any full size tablet. But the note 2 is much more convenient to carry around in my pocket

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

w4rmk

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a Note 2, iPad 3, Nexus 7, Kindle Fire and just ordered a Nexus 10. I am an IT executive and gadget lover. I love playing around with all my tech toys. My iPad 3 gets the most usage simply because it has Verizon LTE and I can use it anywhere and not worry about Wifi. I also find that my iPad is the best wifi hotspot you can get! I leave it in my bag and connect through Verizon on all of other tablets that are Wifi only. It doesn't hurt that my employer pays for my Verizon data plan :) I am looking forward to trying out the hi-res screen on the Nexus 10 and toying with the idea of ordering the Asus TF700 to compare against the outstanding retina display on the iPad. I won't even consider the 10" Android tablets that are stuck on 1280 resolution. I hope that more hi-res Android tablets get released and that developers start upgrading their apps to take advantage of the extra pixels.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have my laptop my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tab and my Note2. I use my laptop yo check my work sites because they don't gave phone and tablet capabilities. I love by Note2. Use it as my phone and all uses. But I like using my tablet too. I had thought about selling by tablet but I would miss it. I am happy that I can print from my Note2. Life is easier. You will love it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded to the Note 2 from the S3 so I wouldn't feel the need to get a tablet. Even the VZW rep that waited on me said the same thing. For me the Note 2 serves it's purpose. Plus I have a laptop at home.

Sent from my amazing Note 2!

lvdukerider

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Have had my Note 10.1 since december and used my upgrade to obtain my Note 2. I use my 10.1 at home, (wi-fi only) and Note 2 at my side when on the go. I love both devices and comming from the origional 7" Tab I could get by fine with just the Note 2, however I really do prefer the larger screen, two speakers,easyly removiable SD card, I.R. blaster, and factory case/cover on my 10.1. If the new Note 8.0 was more a scaled down 10.1 as opposed to a larger Note 2 I would already own one.

prubin

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I got rid of my Nexus 7 and of my Kindle when I got the Note 2. Life is much simpler using one gadget instead of 2 or 3, and there is obviously no need to keep many gadgets in sync.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
My iPad 3, Nexus 7, and Samsung Tab 10,1 rarely get used after getting my Note 2. Laptop and Note 2 makes a perfect combination.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

purwater

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I find that I use my iPad 4 slightly less. I'll use the Note 2 when looking up something online instead of my iPad, but for the most part when I'm on the couch watching tv with my wife I'll use the iPad. The extra screen is good for surfing and other apps. If I had a 7" tablet then I can easily see the Note taking its place for most tasks. The extra size of the iPad is still worth it to me around the house. I had wanted one for years and my wife got me one just this Christmas. She would like one now that she's used mine so I'm considering possibly getting myself a Nexus 10 in the future and letting her have the iPad since I've switched my phone over to android. She's still iPhone 5 so the iPad is a nice companion.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
I pretty much stopped using my tablet once I got the Note 2. Much of what I was doing on the tablet involved a stylus, and while the screen is smaller on the Note, the Spen is far, far, FAR superior to a regular stylus and I've just started doing my notes, doodles, and document signatures on the Note instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress