Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By chuckh0308
  • 1 Post By nrquig
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why would I buy this phone over the S4 or One?

I saw a PhoneDog review on Friday where he says the Note 2 is starting to look dated software wise; why would that be?

Default Re: Why would I buy this phone over the S4 or One?

The only thing keeping me from the Note 2 for Verizon is: Only 16GB available and that Verizon logo home button.
    I think the Note 2 is a better device than the GS4 and am on the fence over this or the S4.

have you considered going into a store and trying both as well as the new HTC ONE which has been getting rave reviews from many people on the forum that have jumped for one. Go to the HTC ONE forum and check it out.

Depends on what you need. The screen for me is worth it. I had an s3 before and the larger screen on the note 2 is nice. It also has s-pen built in. Imo, if I didn't need those two features, then the s4 or one would be better. I also want a removable battery and micro sd slot, so the one is out for me

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Depends on what you need. The screen for me is worth it. I had an s3 before and the larger screen on the note 2 is nice. It also has s-pen built in. Imo, if I didn't need those two features, then the s4 or one would be better. I also want a removable battery and micro sd slot, so the one is out for me

why is the S4 better ?

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeMike View Post
    why is the S4 better ?
    The 1080 display, and the s4 is a bit smaller and lighter. S4 also has 13mp camera and ir blaster

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeMike View Post
    I saw a PhoneDog review on Friday where he says the Note 2 is starting to look dated software wise; why would that be?
    Link?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Because the screen is huge and beautiful, because the battery lasts two days (but charges in just a couple hours), because the device feels great in your hands despite its size, because the build quality fit and finish is perfect, because the keyboard has alpha and numeric in one (sounds silly, but this is in my top three favorite things!), because the speaker is great, because the call quality is unmatched, because it has strong radios, and because the S-Pen is the bomb and way more useful than you might think. Oh yeah, it has a great camera too! And Micro SD (80 Gigs baby!), and user replaceable battery. I could go on...

i dont know what the battery life on the one or S4 is, but on the note 2 most people get 27-30 hrs

I also saw a phonedog article that said android versions don't matter anymore because the skins are taking over.
    Also phonedog was 10 times better when Noah was tthere. I always feel like I neee to say that
    Nibs likes this.

Here's why I chose the Note 2 over those other two:
    1. Screen size
    2. Battery life.

If those things aren't important then sit down and make a pro/con list

The software in the Note 2 will eventually be updated or you can root it and update it yourself.

If you're referring to the new features in TouchWiz then those will also eventually matriculate to the Note 2. But, a lot of those are very gimmicky.
    Droid (2009 original stock) --> Incredible --> Thunderbolt (Rooted/ROMed) --> Galaxy Nexus (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 2 (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 3 (Stock)

Quote Originally Posted by TabGuy View Post
    Here's why I chose the Note 2 over those other two:
    1. Screen size
    2. Battery life.

If those things aren't important then sit down and make a pro/con list

The software in the Note 2 will eventually be updated or you can root it and update it yourself.

If you're referring to the new features in TouchWiz then those will also eventually matriculate to the Note 2. But, a lot of those are very gimmicky.
    +1 on this. The Note 2 is going to outlast the S4 or One in terms of battery. Another thing to consider is that the Note 2 is fast. It's faster by a very noticeable amount than my S3, which is already pretty fast. So if you want some more speed, the N2 will give you that as well. On the other hand if you are on Verizon you just might want to look at the DNA. That's also a superb phone with performance at least as good as the N2, an awesome screen, fantastic sound, and it's, well, not as big as an N2. Battery life is on par with S3 or most other phones of the same size.