I'm sure glad I chose the Note 2 over the HTC One

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree that's what I'm saying I think there's a few good androids on the market right now and it comes down to personal preference, just saying if the ops friends batt is dying that quick on the one it's either defective or somethings really eating away unusually fast at it maybe a app or something but my money's on a defective device, I'm glad he loves his note 2 it's by all means a great phone but I had it and still have a s4 and I love my one more, that's were it comes down to preference and the ability for us to vote with our money

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree that's what I'm saying I think there's a few good androids on the market right now and it comes down to personal preference, just saying if the ops friends batt is dying that quick on the one it's either defective or somethings really eating away unusually fast at it maybe a app or something but my money's on a defective device, I'm glad he loves his note 2 it's by all means a great phone but I had it and still have a s4 and I love my one more, that's were it comes down to preference and the ability for us to vote with our money

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Exactly. At first I wouldn't even have thought I would own a victory ever but after the rain whooped my gnex I had to buy one off cl and I can honestly say besides the lack of internal memory and roms and the fact that mine doesn't wanna upgrade to jb it's a nice phone with a good lcd screen which I surprisingly like comin from amoled. And only costed 120.

Sent from my Galaxy Victory LTE using Tapatalk 2

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I didn't buy my Note 2 until I saw information about the HTC One and the Galaxy S4. Mine was a decision based upon demos of those two and the features of them all. I gotta say I was attracted by the looks of the of the HTC One and some of the features are impressive. But, having visited with a friend who has an HTC One my decision to get the Note 2 has been affirmed. Here's what I learned about the HTC One from my friend.

- Battery: It's horrible. He says it's exhausted by around 2pm every day. He needs to be tethered to a wall wart. At a party he has to hang out with the iPhone folks near the wall plug. With no replaceable battery this is unacceptable. He suspects that the HiDef 1080p screen sucks a LOT of battery time. More than his previous phones. What makes him suspicious of this is that HTC removed the "Screen Time" panel from the Battery settings page. They appear to be afraid to let you know how much juice that screen is really using.

- He keeps the brightness way down to try to keep the battery last longer, so the benefit of a beautiful bright HiDef screen is diminished. Even with that his battery is toast at 2pm.

- He's in a constant "save battery" mode. He turns off GPS most of the time, he keeps bluetooth off most of the time, and he turns off wifi when he leaves the building. It's a lot of work for him just to get to 2pm.

- Sound. Yes, it has front facing speakers. I think that should be in all phones. But he says that even though there are two of them they're too close together to really distinguish stereo. They do sound better, he says, but maybe that's just because they're facing forward.

- Heat. He says the sucker gets really hot. Maybe that unibody aluminum back isn't dissipating the heat properly?

All in all, I'm very happy I chose the Note over the HTC One. I leave my screen at full brightness all day. I also leave wifi, gps and bluetooth on all day and never have to worry about battery. The Note 2 is as it should be.

Battery is terrible because it uses that new live updates UI... It's kinda like Windows... they try to sell you on it cuz it keeps you up to date realtime. What people don't think about is, any time you have something that updates live on your homescreen, it uses battery life. That's why the ONLY widget I use is weather. It's the only thing important enough to me to have update "live" that I don't mind using extra battery. I'm sure the lumia Windows phones have terrible battery life too. Who buys a phone JUST for the camera quality? That's the only thing the lumia advertises. No wonder nobody buys one

sent from Galaxy Note 2

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Battery is terrible because it uses that new live updates UI... It's kinda like Windows... they try to sell you on it cuz it keeps you up to date realtime. What people don't think about is, any time you have something that updates live on your homescreen, it uses battery life. That's why the ONLY widget I use is weather. It's the only thing important enough to me to have update "live" that I don't mind using extra battery. I'm sure the lumia Windows phones have terrible battery life too. Who buys a phone JUST for the camera quality? That's the only thing the lumia advertises. No wonder nobody buys one

sent from Galaxy Note 2

Mine only updates when I refresh it, plus there's other settings so again another uneducated point,not like a launcher wouldn't fix it if not,you can't use a s4 without a launcher either or note come on touch wiz,lol

sent from the smartphone of 2013 HTC ONE...

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine only updates when I refresh it, plus there's other settings so again another uneducated point,not like a launcher wouldn't fix it if not,you can't use a s4 without a launcher either or note come on touch wiz,lol

sent from the smartphone of 2013 HTC ONE...

Not to insult but why would you call someone uneducated when he made a valid point on a a battery issue, then you say something about touch wiz that makes no sense or has anything to do with battery issues.

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Not to insult but why would you call someone uneducated when he made a valid point on a a battery issue, then you say something about touch wiz that makes no sense or has anything to do with battery issues.

You know what your right and I apologize, as far as my hatred for touch wiz sorry that's my opinion. But the point on the battery was in no way valid, apparently they are uneducated on the way it updates because it's not a auto update that affects the battery it refreshes only when you pull down on the top so sorry but point not valid but no reason for me to be rude

sent from my favorite phone of the year HTC one, don't mean it has to be yours

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
And of course I owned a note 2 and yes the battery is better than the one, but mine def last all day with heavy use so if someone's isms dying by 2they should def replace it

sent from my favorite phone of the year HTC one, don't mean it has to be yours

Mamaluka

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Totally off topic here, but when did we start dropping "to be" from the English language? Needs upgraded. Needs rebooted. Needs replaced. I've noticed people at work starting to do this over the past several months and it drives me nuts.

Ok, done. Sorry.

I will guarantee all the people you see typing like that are from the Ohio /mid west areas. Michigan, Illinois areas as well. They also say "the light bulb needs changed"
Drives me nuts too... But that's how they talk. Go figya

SwiftKey'd from my Bohemoth Note2

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
In my experiences with the one, s4, and note 2. The s4 was my least favorite. Its to much like the s3 and its supposed to ne the fastest phine and the ui is laggy imo. Same with the note 2. Battery life is nice but its to big. I dont use the features all that much. The one was my favorite. Wife has it now. Battery life was great. In my experience it beat both the note 2 and s4. Ive had ine priblem with the ine and that was the capacitive buttons. That was fixed by trimming the screen protector. Im in my 5th note 2. The problems are less pronounced with this phone. I returned the s4 just didnt like it. It didnt wow me. But everyoe will have issues every now and then. I think op had a defective device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I will guarantee all the people you see typing like that are from the Ohio /mid west areas. Michigan, Illinois areas as well. They also say "the light bulb needs changed"
Drives me nuts too... But that's how they talk. Go figya
Not pretty but it is economical. For that reason it'll prolly spread. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX