How Do I Get Rid Of This Goofy Blue Multi Window Tab On The Side?

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
You can also swipe down from the top to turn multi window on or off

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Android Central Forums

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can also swipe down from the top to turn multi window on or off

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Android Central Forums

True, however this disables multi Window completely. With the long press back button, you can turn multi view on or off. If you turn it off in the notification bar, then you have to go back to the notification bar to turn it back on.

Either way works, just depends on your personal preference :)

Btw, you can also go into settings - display and turn on or off multi view there too.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Multi window is a cool option to have, but I rarely use it so turned it off. I prefer to use/see an app in the full glory of the 5.5" screen! :p I also found that by turning it off, I can now get to my browsing history in the stock browser by holding down the back button, something I use frequently. Otherwise with multi window on, it would override that function and instead bring up its own.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Reminds me of all the people asking how I got multi window running on my T-Mobile SGSII when it was running AOSPA 3+ and HALO))) was enabled... (I'll attach a screenshot when I get home if you want)

Internet_Tough_Guy

May 14, 2013
Visit site
BTW guys, you can also move the tab to other locations of the screen by long pressing on the tab when it's down and drag and drop it to another edge of the screen, and you can adjust the location of the tab on the edge to a lower or upper (left or right on the top edge) section in the same way.

Funny how the multi-window is one major feature for the GN2, yet most people don't seem to use it. I don't use it either, and I'm quite comfortable toggling between applications and windows the old fashioned way. habits die hard I suppose

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
BTW guys, you can also move the tab to other locations of the screen by long pressing on the tab when it's down and drag and drop it to another edge of the screen, and you can adjust the location of the tab on the edge to a lower or upper (left or right on the top edge) section in the same way.

Funny how the multi-window is one major feature for the GN2, yet most people don't seem to use it. I don't use it either, and I'm quite comfortable toggling between applications and windows the old fashioned way. habits die hard I suppose

This pretty much proves that Multiwindow is basically another Samsung gimmick. (At least for most people)

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
This pretty much proves that Multiwindow is basically another Samsung gimmick. (At least for most people)

I don't use it either. But i don't consider it a gimmick. I guess if the phone had a physical keyboard I'd have use for it. I just don't like entering text and the keyboard covering half the screen anyway.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

azfreedheart

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Glad to see there was a solution for getting rid of this. I agree with the "Multi-Window is a useless Samsung gimmick" I just had my Samsung Victory fail and was forced into buying a Galaxy S3 (Victory is no longer available in Sprint Stores)...which has proven that bigger is NOT better. So many poorly designed "features" on this phone...I loved my Victory..i HATE this S3! Awkwardly placed and hard to press power button...a physical Home button that is a pain in the *** to push compared to the Touch Screen button on the Victory, the stupidly large size of this phone (like carrying around a damn ping pong paddle), no dedicated camera button...a volume button that has no "feel" to it...and then this awful side tab and useless multi-task "feature"...after three days of accidentally opening it every time I swiped or moved an App I was ready to drive over this phone. Now if I could get rid of the avalanche of useless Samsung and Sprint applications without having to take the time to root my phone...I'd be much happier with it! Why is it the manufacturers insist on making the most useless crap on our phones the most difficult to get rid of? Do they think we are so stupid that we will use any crap they force on us if we can't get rid of it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret