Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    None

Default How Do I Get Rid Of This Goofy Blue Multi Window Tab On The Side?

Its making me nuts. It appeared after the update!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How Do I Get Rid Of This Goofy Blue Multi Window Tab On The Side?-screenshot_2013-05-04-17-06-01.png  

Default Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Goofy Blue Multi Window Tab On The Side?

Long press the back button. It is the multi view tab.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Long press the back button. It is the multi view tab.
    Thanks! I've had my N2 for 5-6 days now and was wondering why that tab was appearing and disappearing seemingly at will. Or what I was doing to make it do that.
    Thanked by:

You can also swipe down from the top to turn multi window on or off

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Android Central Forums
    New York Yankees
    It's Hard To Be Humble
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    None

Thank You Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by eds817 View Post
    You can also swipe down from the top to turn multi window on or off

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Android Central Forums
    True, however this disables multi Window completely. With the long press back button, you can turn multi view on or off. If you turn it off in the notification bar, then you have to go back to the notification bar to turn it back on.

Either way works, just depends on your personal preference

Btw, you can also go into settings - display and turn on or off multi view there too.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

I like the multi window lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Thanked by:
    msndrstood likes this.

Multi window is a cool option to have, but I rarely use it so turned it off. I prefer to use/see an app in the full glory of the 5.5" screen! I also found that by turning it off, I can now get to my browsing history in the stock browser by holding down the back button, something I use frequently. Otherwise with multi window on, it would override that function and instead bring up its own.
    GregMargie likes this.

You are my new hero...thank you for the tip!

I would like the Multi Window if the tab was smaller. No matter where I move it, it blocks access to one or more buttons on the screen.

Omg thank you!! This tab was on all my nerves!!

Global Posts
    705 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Sense 6

Reminds me of all the people asking how I got multi window running on my T-Mobile SGSII when it was running AOSPA 3+ and HALO))) was enabled... (I'll attach a screenshot when I get home if you want)
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

HTC One M8: Stock Sense 6 w/ OEM and carrier bloatware removed [daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): AOSPA 4.6 Beta 6 (4.4.4) FINAL, ViPER4Android FX, updated Adreno 220 drivers [backup]
    HTC Nexus 9: Stock Android Lollipop

BTW guys, you can also move the tab to other locations of the screen by long pressing on the tab when it's down and drag and drop it to another edge of the screen, and you can adjust the location of the tab on the edge to a lower or upper (left or right on the top edge) section in the same way.

Funny how the multi-window is one major feature for the GN2, yet most people don't seem to use it. I don't use it either, and I'm quite comfortable toggling between applications and windows the old fashioned way. habits die hard I suppose

Global Posts
    705 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Sense 6

Quote Originally Posted by Internet_Tough_Guy View Post
    BTW guys, you can also move the tab to other locations of the screen by long pressing on the tab when it's down and drag and drop it to another edge of the screen, and you can adjust the location of the tab on the edge to a lower or upper (left or right on the top edge) section in the same way.

Funny how the multi-window is one major feature for the GN2, yet most people don't seem to use it. I don't use it either, and I'm quite comfortable toggling between applications and windows the old fashioned way. habits die hard I suppose
    This pretty much proves that Multiwindow is basically another Samsung gimmick. (At least for most people)
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

HTC One M8: Stock Sense 6 w/ OEM and carrier bloatware removed [daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): AOSPA 4.6 Beta 6 (4.4.4) FINAL, ViPER4Android FX, updated Adreno 220 drivers [backup]
    HTC Nexus 9: Stock Android Lollipop

Surprised to see this many people with the same problem. Glad its solved

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by HNNNNNGHHH View Post
    This pretty much proves that Multiwindow is basically another Samsung gimmick. (At least for most people)
    I don't use it either. But i don't consider it a gimmick. I guess if the phone had a physical keyboard I'd have use for it. I just don't like entering text and the keyboard covering half the screen anyway.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

Quote Originally Posted by geronco View Post
    Surprised to see this many people with the same problem. Glad its solved

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    I agree.

ROM
    WOLFPACK V3.3

That was EASY LOL

Sent From the BEAST NOTE 2...

Legend
    How did you or others work that out by the way

Glad to see there was a solution for getting rid of this. I agree with the "Multi-Window is a useless Samsung gimmick" I just had my Samsung Victory fail and was forced into buying a Galaxy S3 (Victory is no longer available in Sprint Stores)...which has proven that bigger is NOT better. So many poorly designed "features" on this phone...I loved my Victory..i HATE this S3! Awkwardly placed and hard to press power button...a physical Home button that is a pain in the *** to push compared to the Touch Screen button on the Victory, the stupidly large size of this phone (like carrying around a damn ping pong paddle), no dedicated camera button...a volume button that has no "feel" to it...and then this awful side tab and useless multi-task "feature"...after three days of accidentally opening it every time I swiped or moved an App I was ready to drive over this phone. Now if I could get rid of the avalanche of useless Samsung and Sprint applications without having to take the time to root my phone...I'd be much happier with it! Why is it the manufacturers insist on making the most useless crap on our phones the most difficult to get rid of? Do they think we are so stupid that we will use any crap they force on us if we can't get rid of it?

Quote Originally Posted by azfreedheart View Post
    Glad to see there was a solution for getting rid of this. I agree with the "Multi-Window is a useless Samsung gimmick" I just had my Samsung Victory fail and was forced into buying a Galaxy S3 (Victory is no longer available in Sprint Stores)...which has proven that bigger is NOT better. So many poorly designed "features" on this phone...I loved my Victory..i HATE this S3! Awkwardly placed and hard to press power button...a physical Home button that is a pain in the *** to push compared to the Touch Screen button on the Victory, the stupidly large size of this phone (like carrying around a damn ping pong paddle), no dedicated camera button...a volume button that has no "feel" to it...and then this awful side tab and useless multi-task "feature"...after three days of accidentally opening it every time I swiped or moved an App I was ready to drive over this phone. Now if I could get rid of the avalanche of useless Samsung and Sprint applications without having to take the time to root my phone...I'd be much happier with it! Why is it the manufacturers insist on making the most useless crap on our phones the most difficult to get rid of? Do they think we are so stupid that we will use any crap they force on us if we can't get rid of it?
    You seem like a person that doesn't adapt well to change.

My girlfriend just switched from the iPhone to the Galaxy S3 and she has none of the complaints that you have, neither did I when I switched from Windows mobile to Android years ago.

I use the multi window feature at least every other week. It obviously isn't necessary but it is convenient.

Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

I thought multi Window was a gimmick until I had a situation today where it was legitimately useful. Doing an interview with someone I had the questions in one window and evernote in the other to jot down notes. Didn't have to switch apps every time I asked a new question.

But for the most part I don't use the feature much. It did come in handy today though.

Noted via tapatalk

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Thank GOD for that. This was seriously bugging me !!! This phone is nuts, I crazily miss my Blackberry , I have now discovered that it wasn't that bad at all I miss my keyboard as I really dont like typing with typos and constantly altering them, it takes me double the time to type anything now. I HATE not being able to put the phone down quickly, many times it comes out of the phone function and it's 3 keys strokes to get back to it, where as Bberry was 1. I loved the size of the S3 at first but i never drop my phone and have dropped this one stacks, maybe due to size I do love the camera though.........battery is just as bad as Bberry. and why oh WHY doesnt the phone turn on when the alarm is set !?!? Twice i overslept now have to leave my phone on ......yes i know I could probably download an app, but i didnt have to with my Bberry and that is supposedly a crap phone.......ho hum

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Love the multi window, I use it every day with my calendar app and Calculator app.

If you don't like it, don't use it. No need to complain about it so vehemently, geesh.

Sent via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

I guess I don't understand the Multi Window. It's just one way to switch between apps, right? It seems like you can achieve the same results by holding down the home button until it displays the list of recently used apps and then selecting the desired app. What am I missing?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast