Note 2 incoming call ringtone lag

golfngirl#AC

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Have had my Note 2 for less than a week and very happy with it except I have noticed when receiving an incoming call my ringtone sound is very faint for just a second and then gains normal volume. I have tried different tones with same results. Several times that bit of lag in volume has prevented me getting to the phone prior to it going to voicemail. Anyone else notice this. Have double checked my settings.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed this as well. I have even created custom ringtones and this still happens. I'm not sure how to resolve this issue.

Sent from my VZW Note 2 using Android Central Forums

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
It's a designed function and is normal behavior on most current Touch Wiz based phones. Not sure how to work around it.

I actually like it as you're not immediately blasted by the full sound of the ringer, especially when the phone is near you. It would be nice though to be able to disable that function for those that may want to.

mairifik

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I installed Disable Increasing Ringtone app from google play and it worked on my Note 2. My phone doesn't have that ascending ringing whenever i get a call anymore.

o_dat1

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I installed Disable Increasing Ringtone app from google play and it worked on my Note 2. My phone doesn't have that ascending ringing whenever i get a call anymore.

This app works like a charm; I only wish the notification did not have to stay active, but will definitely trade that off for the increasing ringer annoyance any day. Thank you for sharing! :)

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Tap and hold on the notification and a little drop down should appear with the option to go into app settings. Click on App info and a screen should appear that has the app name, force close and the such. There should be a little check box in the upper left hand corner (it will by default be checked) and it should say something like allow this app to show notifications. Just simply uncheck this box and you should be good to go!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app

Mamaluka

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Same happens here. It sux. I won't install any apps that run in the background though. Il wait and hope they fix it.

SwiftKey'd from my Bohemoth Note2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara