Moving music from Google play to Music player

mrsstraty#AC

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I purchased 1 song and I can play it from the Google play but how to move it tobthe music player? ??

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.

dragon718

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
When you purchase a song from the play store, it doesn't get stored on the phone and can only played through the play music app and cant be played or moved to the other music player.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

marleyinoc

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
You can tell it to be available offline and then find it on phone, or download to your pc and move to phone. Least that's my experience in the past. I've then used ringdroid to turn a song from Play into a ringtone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mrsstraty#AC

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
So where should I purchase the music from to ensure that it goes to my ext sd card?

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I was going through the same thing with songs I purchased from Google play. Then I downloaded Cloud Music Importer from the play store and all those songs went to the music player. Because when you buy music from Google play they are only available on the Google music player.

I use power amp btw.
Sent from my amazing Note 2!

tine79

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem with moving music purchased from google play to the rest of my music files, after much searching I for info & coming up empty i went to google play on my computer & downloaded their music manager, then i uploaded the google play songs to my music file on my computer then went back and synced the songs to my G3 with the windows media player.

kentrol72

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I use Amazon as well. They give you the option to download the song to your device or play it in the cloud. In addition you can have something like 7 devices share the same account.
Seems pretty ridiculous to not be able to download a song you purchased to you phone. Even more, having to either go through another 3rd party app or your PC just to get it on your phone. I can understand if you paid for the monthly fee for the unlimited music service, but not purchasing songs.

Sent from my SG Note 2

Reagan O

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
So I'm afraid to ask at the risk of sounding stupid but do I have to download an app in order to get music from Amazon onto my phone?

Jay Sloan

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
So I'm afraid to ask at the risk of sounding stupid but do I have to download an app in order to get music from Amazon onto my phone?

You can download Amazon MP3 from the play store or you can use "Play Music" which should be loaded on your device already. I prefer Play myself.

Posted via Android Central App

808TBolt

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
i've bought all my new music for the last 8 months from Google Play. i pin the albums to my Note 2 as well as my Note 10.1 tablet.

for my old iPod, i download the albums and upload them to iTunes.

i also keep my own mp3 copies on my laptop and thumbdrive just because

as for playing the music, i just use the Google Music player on my Note 2 :cool:

Phoenix59

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I want my music on the android music player, when I open the menu in Google music, my Playlist from android music are an option and when executed Google music player confirms the transfer. But the songs are not in the android player.

Adrianb72

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I want my music on the android music player, when I open the menu in Google music, my Playlist from android music are an option and when executed Google music player confirms the transfer. But the songs are not in the android player.
Download the Music Mate app as mentioned above. Just did it and it works perfectly! It will download all google play music so that any player will be able to see them. You are allowed 50 downloads before having to pay for the app.

Keltian

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
This really sucks. The Google Play Store just released a whole album by deadmau5 for free and I excitedly l downloaded it. Now I see that Google makes it difficult for music downloaded from their store to show up anywhere else on the phone aside from its own music player. I'm glad to see that there is a workaround to fix this but in the future, when it comes to buying music, I think I'm just going to stick to using Amazon since they make music download from their app visible to all the apps on my phone not just their own music player.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon