Cloud???? Please help me

mrsstraty#AC

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I cracked my screen on my Note and my certified like new device, replacement Note 2 arrived today but how do I backup to a cloud, like with my iphone 5? When I had to switch between devices on Apple everything was saved in the cloud and the new device would restore and be EXACTLY like the device being replaced...apps in same spots, etc. Is there anyway to do that with the Note? This is my first time with an Android OS.

Thanks.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.

srmoreno

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
log into Gmail and is backs up contacts, calendar, notes, etc. when you log into your new phone it instantly populates all the info

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
To answer your question... NO.
It will restore most apps and settings, but it will not setup everything exactly like you left it like on your iOS device. That's one area where Android needs to improve on. iOS will restore the folders you setup, and restore your homescreens exactly the way you left them. No way to do this with the stock launcher. If you're using a 3rd party launcher you can make a backup of your homescreens and folders. By doing so, you will need to save the backup files to a cloud account or external SDcard.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

mrsstraty#AC

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
To answer your question... NO.
It will restore most apps and settings, but it will not setup everything exactly like you left it like on your iOS device. That's one area where Android needs to improve on. iOS will restore the folders you setup, and restore your homescreens exactly the way you left them. No way to do this with the stock launcher. If you're using a 3rd party launcher you can make a backup of your homescreens and folders. By doing so, you will need to save the backup files to a cloud account or external SDcard.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I guess just something I'll get used to. The extra screen real estate is awesome and even though I'm the only person in my family that has left the iPhone, I don't regret it...... I freaking love my Note! I even played with the S4 yesterday at the store and even that phone looked too small for me.... The note 2 is the perfect screen size for me!

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781