torn between the s4 and the N2

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
ok so my GN stopped charging (bad port) i am currently using an old droid pro lol with a charger on the way a dock charger so i can charge my batterys without the phone for the GN. so i have played with the N2 in the store for like 5 min seems big but managable i read somewhere where you can make the text screen smaller and off to one side for one handed texting? anyone use this and how does it work/help. also can you do (free) wyfi tether? i still have unlimited and plan on doing the swaping the upgrade to the dump phone then swapping the new phone to my line trick to keep it lol my GN wont take video for text will the n2? and does the camera have a timer? also anyone that has the note 2 going to get the s4 and why?

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
ok so my GN stopped charging (bad port) i am currently using an old droid pro lol with a charger on the way a dock charger so i can charge my batterys without the phone for the GN. so i have played with the N2 in the store for like 5 min seems big but managable i read somewhere where you can make the text screen smaller and off to one side for one handed texting? anyone use this and how does it work/help. also can you do (free) wyfi tether? i still have unlimited and plan on doing the swaping the upgrade to the dump phone then swapping the new phone to my line trick to keep it lol my GN wont take video for text will the n2? and does the camera have a timer? also anyone that has the note 2 going to get the s4 and why?

I would never what to give up the spen, not even for a few of the new features on the s4.....yes there is a timer on the note 2 camera, as well as voice commands to hands free take photos (i love that one). i tether for free with foxfi, works great, i hear you have to side load now since its been removed for play store. not sure about the video for text thing...you can send a small video through handcent which is the texting app i prefer. frankly i may jump for the note 3 when it lands but no i'm not even tempted by the s4...

collett

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Not at all tempted by S4 even though it's probably a fabulous device. Love the N2 large screen and the spen-use it all the time.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
ok cool and the price just dropped to 200 bucks so that helps too lol how about the smaller texting thing moving it to one side or the other?

Bob Sugar

May 31, 2010
Visit site
If you're big on messaging and are on at&t stay away from the note 2. The at&t note 2 has major issues with messaging, I'd throw mine against a brick wall if I didn't buy it outright.

Bob Sugar

May 31, 2010
Visit site
nope on big red do you use the stock messenger app?

Every messaging app freezes, cannot handle more than 3 to 4 active conversations at one time, distort pictures when sending, handle group text ranging from not at all to a semi functional struggle, make music skip/stall/freeze when listening and texting, the list goes on. it is absolute garbage.

Stock, hand cent, go sms, chomp, I've tried everything. My buddy has note 2 with Verizon and has no issues. S4 on att, stock messaging app works fine.

Garbage

collett

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I'll try it and let you know. I use stock texting app and Verizon's new app that syncs texts across devices.
ok cool and the price just dropped to 200 bucks so that helps too lol how about the smaller texting thing moving it to one side or the other?

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
wow that does suck...

Every messaging app freezes, cannot handle more than 3 to 4 active conversations at one time, distort pictures when sending, handle group text ranging from not at all to a semi functional struggle, make music skip/stall/freeze when listening and texting, the list goes on. it is absolute garbage.

Stock, hand cent, go sms, chomp, I've tried everything. My buddy has note 2 with Verizon and has no issues. S4 on att, stock messaging app works fine.

Garbage

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
ok cool thanks. i need to get to the store and play with it some more too yeah i use the stock app too on my GN but its rooted running aokp not sure i will root the N2 though

I'll try it and let you know. I use stock texting app and Verizon's new app that syncs texts across devices.

collett

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
The one handed keyboard seems to work fine. Not something I think I will ever use much, but I do like that you can toggle it left or right depending on which hand you prefer to use.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368561491622.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368561491622.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 39
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368561512957.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368561512957.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 40
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368561526855.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368561526855.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 40
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368561539710.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368561539710.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 41

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
ok sweet i didnt even know it changed the dial pad too i assume your not a one handed texter? thanks for looking at that for me..:)

The one handed keyboard seems to work fine. Not something I think I will ever use much, but I do like that you can toggle it left or right depending on which hand you prefer to use.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
nope on big red do you use the stock messenger app?

Handcent is awesome!! I haven't used the stock messaging app on any phone for years! not sure what that other guy is experiencing, I haven't had a moments problem with my Verizon version! he ought to take his back and get another ... should be under warranty.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
My GN was dieing fast, so I want something new ASAP. I was gonna wait for the S4. However when I realized the specs were pretty similar I had to jump for the N2. Nothing coming on the S4 was stellar and I wanted the spen.
I'm already used to the girth. I single hand sms with SwiftKey already. I hold it with my finger tips centered on the back, which let's me reach all the way across the screen.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Handcent is awesome!! I haven't used the stock messaging app on any phone for years! not sure what that other guy is experiencing, I haven't had a moments problem with my Verizon version! he ought to take his back and get another ... should be under warranty.

The avatar for "Me" doesn't appear in a conversation. Do you have the same problem? Otherwise Handcent is working fine for me.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'll let you know. I ordered the S4 but i really doubt I will keep it. I played with it in the store and the resolution was great, but I don't think I can get over the downsizing in screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non