Are We Getteing The Newer Version Of Jelly Bean This Month?

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't remember where I read it but I thought we were.

No, we have Verizon. It could be 2 years from now. Well, it was for Verizon's last Flagship device I bought, HTC Thunderbolt.
Be glad we have a very nice product right out of the box. It's working fine right now. Love My Note II.

signaltwins

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I really don't get why Verizon is slow.

My suggestion: charge customers for updates. I'll gladly pay $1 or $2 to receive OTA update,
as long as Verizon promises to release it within 30 days of being released by Google, Inc.
(security-related updates will continue to be free, of course)

Good idea or bad idea?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

My suggestion: charge customers for updates. I'll gladly pay $1 or $2 to receive OTA update,
as long as Verizon promises to release it within 30 days of being released by Google, Inc.

Good idea or bad idea?

I pay enough. I don't want to pay for updates. That's unfair and also wrong in my opinion

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is slow because sending out updates messes with their network. Believe it or not they actually do want maximum uptime. That being said, there is such a thing as being too careful. You also have the option of using ROMs to achieve your goal of being on the "latest and greatest". Offering Verizon more money for something that should be free(and non carrier oriented) would just open another door for Verizon to take money out of everyone's pocket. Not a great idea.

Mamaluka

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

Good idea or bad idea?

Is been my experience, that in the device sales market, why give something away for a few dollars... When you can get people to buy the latest /greatest device for a few hundred bucks? Meaning, all manufacturers do this, no way will the old devices get the latest os, until the new devices peak sales expire.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
why would you want to pay for updates? NOT knowing how good or bad it will be.

i spent 18 months with my bionic. BIGGEST POS I EVER OWNED. through numerous software versions.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Verizon will soon release 4.2.x Jelly Bean for the Galaxy Note 2.

In related news, Australian scientists will soon announce the discovery of cold fusion.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Verizon will soon release 4.2.x Jelly Bean for the Galaxy Note 2.

In related news, Australian scientists will soon announce the discovery of cold fusion.

I also heard that Verizon will announce faster than light travel by the end of the month.

trickshot1126

May 20, 2010
Visit site

Good idea or bad idea?

Probably the most retarted thing I've heard... Allow a carrier charge more to update an open source OS. NO THANK YOU! I'll take my rooted note 2 and the killer xda developers over a carrier update any day.

BTW, if vzw decides to do this... I'm coning to you buddy!

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20