which useless apps that can with the Note 2 can I safely disable in the application menu?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
See the list below of things I've disabled without any negative effects (of course only disable something if you don't use it). I like disabling anything I don't use as it cleans up the app and widget drawer and saves a little on system resources, in particular available memory which I've seen go up after disabling a bunch of apps (a reboot after disabling helps ensure all disabled apps are stopped). One word of warning, disabling some apps (including bloatware) may interfere with installing OTA updates. You may need to re-enable them to successfully install any future OTA update. Just something to be aware of.

Instructions to disable: go to Menu, Settings, Application manager, scroll to the right to "All", then select an app, in the upper right is a button to disable. If it's grayed out, you have to uninstall any updates to the app first, then the disable button should appear)

Disabled apps:
AllShare Play
Amazon (two of them, 2.0.11 and 2.0.5)
Amazon Kindle
Amazon MP3
Audible
Dual Clock (analog)
Dual Clock (digital)
Face Unlock
Favorite Apps
Favorite Contacts
Google Play Books
Google Play Magazines
Google Play Movies & TV
Google Play Music
Google Search
Google+
Group Cast
IMDb
Kies air
Media Hub
Music Hub
My Verizon Mobile
News Daemon(EUR)
NFL Mobile
Remote Controls
S Suggest
S Voice
Samsung account
Samsung Push Service
SNS
Stock Daemon (EUR)
Swype
Talk
Talkback
Verizon Login
Viewdini
VZ Navigator
Weather Daemon
Weather Widget
Weather Widget Main
Wi-Fi Direct
Wi-Fi Direct share
Windy Weather
Yahoo Finance
Yahoo News
Zappos

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Seemed a bit smoother in overall operation, not a big difference though. Noticed RAM use dropped and now averages around approx 500MB (without anything else open/running). The biggest difference though is that it cleans up the app and widget drawers (although there is the option to hide apps via Menu, Hide Applications when in the App drawer).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan