- 51 Posts
Verizon rep claims that the latest OTA will allow me to use data with non-Verizon prepaid GSM SIM?
someone mentioned in another thread that a Verizon rep told him/her about data on non-Verizon GSM SIM cards....
I decided to call Verizon earlier today and find out if that was real or not.
After talking with two low-level tech support guys, I was transferred to a supervisor. She put me on hold for several minutes.
When she came back, she "confirmed" that I can use mobile data with non-Verizon GSM SIM cards(foreign or U.S.). She
said this "benefit" was added during the most recent 4.1.2 update.
When I told her that I have the 4.1.2 update, but still couldn't get data with a non-Verizon GSM SIM prepaid card, she apologized
and offered to exchange my Note 2 with another one. I told her that I would think about it.
Should I take her offer and accept another Note 2? It will be a CLNR, but I don't really care, since mine is already a CLNR
anyway. I couldn't tell that it was CLNR when I received it.
- 05-23-2013, 01:52 AM #2
- 4,612 Posts
Re: Verizon rep claims that the latest OTA will allow me to use data with non-Verizon prepaid GSM SI
I don't think that it would make a difference. But sure, take it. No loss anyway. If it didn't work just return the new clnr they sent
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II"...Galaxy Tab 10.1, Tab 8.9 and Tab 7.7 do not infringe Apple’s Community registered design..." - Excerpt from Apple's website
- 05-27-2013, 09:48 PM #3Spoken Word™
It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!
- 386 Posts
- Jelly Bean
- By Bigleftyinaz in forum HTC OneReplies: 5Last Post: 04-23-2013, 01:29 PM
- By David Scherrep in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 2Last Post: 12-19-2012, 10:02 PM
- By Corey Bryant in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 8Last Post: 12-12-2012, 07:58 PM
- By cdf3 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 10Last Post: 04-12-2011, 04:42 PM
- By Hitch_Itch in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 15Last Post: 11-17-2010, 07:05 AM