- 51 Posts
Verizon rep claims that the latest OTA will allow me to use data with non-Verizon prepaid GSM SIM?
someone mentioned in another thread that a Verizon rep told him/her about data on non-Verizon GSM SIM cards....
I decided to call Verizon earlier today and find out if that was real or not.
After talking with two low-level tech support guys, I was transferred to a supervisor. She put me on hold for several minutes.
When she came back, she "confirmed" that I can use mobile data with non-Verizon GSM SIM cards(foreign or U.S.). She
said this "benefit" was added during the most recent 4.1.2 update.
When I told her that I have the 4.1.2 update, but still couldn't get data with a non-Verizon GSM SIM prepaid card, she apologized
and offered to exchange my Note 2 with another one. I told her that I would think about it.
Should I take her offer and accept another Note 2? It will be a CLNR, but I don't really care, since mine is already a CLNR
anyway. I couldn't tell that it was CLNR when I received it.
- 05-23-2013, 01:52 AM #2
Re: Verizon rep claims that the latest OTA will allow me to use data with non-Verizon prepaid GSM SI
I don't think that it would make a difference. But sure, take it. No loss anyway. If it didn't work just return the new clnr they sent
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note IICommunity Guidelines:
- 05-27-2013, 09:48 PM #3It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!
- By Bigleftyinaz in forum HTC OneReplies: 5Last Post: 04-23-2013, 01:29 PM
- By David Scherrep in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 2Last Post: 12-19-2012, 10:02 PM
- By Corey Bryant in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 8Last Post: 12-12-2012, 07:58 PM
- By cdf3 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 10Last Post: 04-12-2011, 04:42 PM
- By Hitch_Itch in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 15Last Post: 11-17-2010, 07:05 AM