someone mentioned in another thread that a Verizon rep told him/her about data on non-Verizon GSM SIM cards....

I decided to call Verizon earlier today and find out if that was real or not.

After talking with two low-level tech support guys, I was transferred to a supervisor. She put me on hold for several minutes.
    When she came back, she "confirmed" that I can use mobile data with non-Verizon GSM SIM cards(foreign or U.S.). She
    said this "benefit" was added during the most recent 4.1.2 update.

When I told her that I have the 4.1.2 update, but still couldn't get data with a non-Verizon GSM SIM prepaid card, she apologized
    and offered to exchange my Note 2 with another one. I told her that I would think about it.

Should I take her offer and accept another Note 2? It will be a CLNR, but I don't really care, since mine is already a CLNR
    anyway. I couldn't tell that it was CLNR when I received it.
    05-22-2013 01:56 PM
    I don't think that it would make a difference. But sure, take it. No loss anyway. If it didn't work just return the new clnr they sent

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    05-23-2013 12:52 AM
    someone mentioned in another thread that a Verizon rep told him/her about data on non-Verizon GSM SIM cards....

I decided to call Verizon earlier today and find out if that was real or not.

After talking with two low-level tech support guys, I was transferred to a supervisor. She put me on hold for several minutes.
    When she came back, she "confirmed" that I can use mobile data with non-Verizon GSM SIM cards(foreign or U.S.). She
    said this "benefit" was added during the most recent 4.1.2 update.

When I told her that I have the 4.1.2 update, but still couldn't get data with a non-Verizon GSM SIM prepaid card, she apologized
    and offered to exchange my Note 2 with another one. I told her that I would think about it.

Should I take her offer and accept another Note 2? It will be a CLNR, but I don't really care, since mine is already a CLNR
    anyway. I couldn't tell that it was CLNR when I received it.

You could actually do this before the update but not all GNII's worked though. I can attest to the fact that it works now though.
    05-27-2013 08:48 PM