Anyone using Google keyboard?

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I am using it as well. I like it so far. Its nice to have an official keyboard from Google vs having something that someone put in the play store. Now we know it will be supported by Google and get updates as well.

Posted via Android Central App

kpageisgreat

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I sideloaded it on the Note a month ago. I liked it but I have a need to compulsively use emojis so I switched to Kii Keyboard. I did redownloaded the stock keyboard to see if the emoji support from the Nexus 4 was incorporated but I guess that is LG's doing. I'll keep it as a backup in case Kii Keyboard messes up.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
downloading now, have used swiftkey for years and likely will end up there again, but going to give this a real try

Brickz187

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I am using it now over the built in Samsung keyboard on the note 2. Doesn't really bring me any extra functionality, the note 2's keyboard already did the same thing, but it just feels better to use and easier to type.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sarah_Kirschbaum

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded it today.

I can type a lot faster on the Google Keyboard. Not sure if that's because my previous phone was the Verizon Galaxy Nexus? :)

However, I still prefer the Samsung stock keyboard because it has the number row on the top.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded it today.

I can type a lot faster on the Google Keyboard. Not sure if that's because my previous phone was the Verizon Galaxy Nexus? :)

However, I still prefer the Samsung stock keyboard because it has the number row on the top.

if you long press on google, the number comes out.

- - - Updated - - -

all numbers are on the same key as top row of letter

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I have always been a fan of the stock keyboard app since my galaxy nexus. I have been using swiftkey, but now that this has been released, back to nexus keyboard I go!

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Didn't know there was a Google keyboard... Installing now...

Installed...its okay...its kind of ugly. But auto correction seems to work seamlessly.

But I still would prefer swiftkey or the Samsung keyboard...and only the Samsung for the number row at the top.

My top keyboard is swype....but I can't really swype with perfection on this large phone....

~Jae, tap'n on my Sexy White Galaxy Note 2~

Sarah_Kirschbaum

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I write faster than I can type on the Samsung or Google keyboard.

This is why I'm still sticking with the Samsung keyboard because it is needed me to write.

My handwriting is pretty bad... people sometimes think I'm a doctor because of it. :)
Yet the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 can read my handwriting and convert it to text
easily. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I write faster than I can type on the Samsung or Google keyboard.

This is why I'm still sticking with the Samsung keyboard because it is needed me to write.

My handwriting is pretty bad... people sometimes think I'm a doctor because of it. :)
Yet the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 can read my handwriting and convert it to text
easily. :)

anon(5356006)

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I tried it out, but I still prefer SwiftKey. I wanted to like it better to stay with as many Google apps as possible, but I was really used to the comma being to the left of the spacebar, and being able to press and swipe left or right on the period to insert a question mark or exclamation mark, rather than having to long-press on the period.

Mamaluka

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
One thing I love about SwiftKey is the option to show arrow keys at the bottom of the keyboard for all of us who need to correct typos and don't have laser optical guidance systems installed on our fingertips to tap in between two specific letters.
Does the google keyboard have this option? Anyone? Beuller? =)

SwiftKey'd from my Bohemoth Note2

Anthony Mayorga

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
hi,
i have a note 4, and i have changed the Samsung keyboard to google keyboard, and i love it.
but now when i type a misspelled word i get two suggestions of words to replace it with. one on google keyboard and another one that pops up. the pop up looks to be from the stock Samsung messages app. i tried going to the messages settings to remove it, but i found nothing nor in language and input settings. so my question is how do i remove this one?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-06-13-47-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-06-13-47-19.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000