Note 2 Freezing :(

mezajames

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello Guys and Gals..Any one has an idea or experienced this?
My note 2 has been freezing frequently as in, when I turn it on to the lockscreen it is saying the wrong time and the tip/hint pops up (which I disable). Then I swipe to unlock and now the touchwiz is not responding. Gives me a option to wait or continue. Either one i click the screen turns black and I cannot do anything but pull the battery and turn back on. It's really not a big deal but it happened twice in the middle of the night, which led my alarm to not wake me up in the morning.
Thank you

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello Guys and Gals..Any one has an idea or experienced this?
My note 2 has been freezing frequently as in, when I turn it on to the lockscreen it is saying the wrong time and the tip/hint pops up (which I disable). Then I swipe to unlock and now the touchwiz is not responding. Gives me a option to wait or continue. Either one i click the screen turns black and I cannot do anything but pull the battery and turn back on. It's really not a big deal but it happened twice in the middle of the night, which led my alarm to not wake me up in the morning.
Thank you

I would suggest rebooting into recovery and wiping the phone' cache.

Here is a guide for S2, S3, and Tab 2, but it should work for Note 2.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

mezajames

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Dang. I can't , should of stated it is rooted but bootloader wasn't' unlocked so when I go to recovery mode. It shows the unsupported software not.. Take to Verizon message :(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Dang. I can't , should of stated it is rooted but bootloader wasn't' unlocked so when I go to recovery mode. It shows the unsupported software not.. Take to Verizon message :(

Anyway to flash a custom recovery on it?

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

ReuvenNY

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
I have the Note II GT-N7100, the international version. It was randomly restarting, freezing and giving me a lot of hard time.
About a week ago Samsung posted a firmware update and that resolved my problems.

mezajames

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Anyway to flash a custom recovery on it?

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

Yeah I used odin to reset everything back to stock . After it "bricked" lol but been running stock plus a factory reset. Hasn't done any freezing yet. Crossing fingers.

mezajames

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the Note II GT-N7100, the international version. It was randomly restarting, freezing and giving me a lot of hard time.
About a week ago Samsung posted a firmware update and that resolved my problems.

Yeah I would of thought it would of helped but it still did it :( even after 4.1.2

Hamed Fazilat

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Caaaaaaaaan sb help me out here ???? I had the catch wiping and then master reset still I have the same problem !!! is there a solution?? because i have heard it from other forums that even this repair centers are not able to solve the problem !! it occurs mostly when i am online doing sth or sending message with messengers... then it gets worst and it freeze even sometimes right after reseting the device !!

Michigan66

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Caaaaaaaaan sb help me out here ???? I had the catch wiping and then master reset still I have the same problem !!! is there a solution?? because i have heard it from other forums that even this repair centers are not able to solve the problem !! it occurs mostly when i am online doing sth or sending message with messengers... then it gets worst and it freeze even sometimes right after reseting the device !!

Rooted? Unlocked? Custom rom? Custom kernel? Need more info to help with anything.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Chris Charles

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Can somebody help me? I've got the N7105T Note 2. Had it since March. It's not rooted. Running 4.1.2 obviously. For the past 3 months my phone has been randomly freezing, switching off, rebooting itself. I have issues with my battery where I'm lucky if it survives 6 hours before being drained. Every day it freezes and I have to rip the battery out and reboot it. When I rip the battery out I lose easy 20% battery power. I've got no idea what's going on with this phone. It's my first android phone since jumping ship and am sort of lost as to what I do next.

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Can somebody help me? I've got the N7105T Note 2. Had it since March. It's not rooted. Running 4.1.2 obviously. For the past 3 months my phone has been randomly freezing, switching off, rebooting itself. I have issues with my battery where I'm lucky if it survives 6 hours before being drained. Every day it freezes and I have to rip the battery out and reboot it. When I rip the battery out I lose easy 20% battery power. I've got no idea what's going on with this phone. It's my first android phone since jumping ship and am sort of lost as to what I do next.

Have you tried replacing the battery?

sent from my fabulous galaxy note 2 now Free

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Maybe a bad battery caused similar problems in my old droid X phone. Just be sure to get an OEM battery. That's an original Samsung one not a 3rd party one.

sent from my fabulous galaxy note 2 now Free

bash_toks

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've been having this exact problem for a couple of days now and its totally frustrating. I've rebooted like a million times and most times after doing that it goes right back to where it was. Currently I am running 4.1.2 non root. How do I resolve this please?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan