Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dilemma about note 2 now or wait for note 3

Hey guys....I have a Droid Bionic that Im dying to get rid of and have been drooling over the note 2. Here's my dilemma...I want to jump on to the note 2 now so the Verizon rep said even though he has no info about note 3 phone...I could get the note 2 then when the note 3 comes out, I could return the note 2 to apply to whatever costs of the note 3 and walk out with the note 3. My contract would stay the same. Is this possible?

Default Re: Dilemma about note 2 now or wait for note 3

Possible if that Note 3 came out within that 14 day period. I could be wrong.. But if you got the Note 2 today and the Note 3 came out in two months I don't think it would be that easy.

Any who, I love my Note 2 and there is no sense and waiting around for a device we have virtually not information on. I think you should feed your craving and grab that Note 2. You won't be disappointed!

Sent from Galaxy-Note... The 2nd One!
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Syounger64 View Post
    Hey guys....I have a Droid Bionic that Im dying to get rid of and have been drooling over the note 2. Here's my dilemma...I want to jump on to the note 2 now so the Verizon rep said even though he has no info about note 3 phone...I could get the note 2 then when the note 3 comes out, I could return the note 2 to apply to whatever costs of the note 3 and walk out with the note 3. My contract would stay the same. Is this possible?
    Sure, it's possible. The rep is probably referring to the trade-in program, in which you can trade in an older device for much less than what you paid for it.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yeah thats what the verizon guy was probably talking about. Yes the note 2 is very nice but I do not want to start a contract with something thats already replaced with a newer phone. Thats my real issue especially for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Syounger64 View Post
    Yeah thats what the verizon guy was probably talking about. Yes the note 2 is very nice but I do not want to start a contract with something thats already replaced with a newer phone. Thats my real issue especially for 2 years.
    you do realize that Samsung will probably release the Note 4 next year, right? if you buy the Note 3 this year, it will be outdated in just 12 months.

You can't catch up to technology. It's impossible. The note 2 is great. I've had it for about three weeks. Go get yourself one. You won't be disappointed :-)

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!!!!!!!!
    "Paint to live. Live to paint."

Quote Originally Posted by taniabonita52 View Post
    You can't catch up to technology. It's impossible.
    Can't agree with you more. The only way is to always buy top-of-the line stuff that will remain "cool" for the next couple of years.

Back in the early 1990s, I bought my first car, a BMW. It had the HID headlight option. I bought it without knowing what it really was. Everywhere I drove, people were honking at me and complaining that my headlights were hurting their eyes because they light was too white.

20 years later, I still have the car in my garage. Sadly, HID headlights never really caught on... it's still only an option in 90% of the cars/SUVs sold to day.

Global Posts
    558 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by taniabonita52 View Post
    You can't catch up to technology. It's impossible. The note 2 is great. I've had it for about three weeks. Go get yourself one. You won't be disappointed :-)

Exactly! ^^
    It's been 8 days since I upgraded to the note 2 from having the S3 since launch date of last year.... I waited for the S4, to see what it was about , and waited for my upgrade since I was in no hurry..... Decided on the note 2 knowing that the Successor would arrive in a few months.... live for now, who cares about later....I used to be one who wanted the latest and greatest >>>>>>>Get the note 2, it's fantabulous!!!!!!!

And if you got it like that, get the note 3 later when it comes out retail.....

~Jae, tap'n on my Sexy White Galaxy Note 2~
    ~Jae~

Note 3 is too big.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,028 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I want a note 2 but can't spring for it now....anybody getting one now may want to keep me in mind when the 3 is released ........

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    I want a note 2 but can't spring for it now....anybody getting one now may want to keep me in mind when the 3 is released ........
    when the Note 3 is released, I'm sure there will be plenty of good deals on the Note 2. Perhapd $0.99 or $49.99. (unless you don't have an available upgrade or need to keep unlimited data)

I would rather wait for the Note 4, which will no doubt be released next year. I sure hope it has a 7-inch 1920x1080 SuperAMOLED+++ screen,

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    ROM
    GB 2.3.6

I have had my note 2 since December and I think the best way to sum it up is that I haven't had phone envy or buyers remorse once. Nothing has come out in that time that I would ever consider swapping for. As for the note 3 if the rumors of a 5.99 screen are true I think that will be an issue, unless they remove the bezel and don't increase the physical dimensions from the note 2. If this phone was any longer it wouldn't fit in the front pocket of jeans without sticking out. Deal breaker for me. Grab the note 2 now and enjoy the massive improvement from your current phone and sell it later if you have to have the note 3 whenever it comes out. My bet is you wont bother.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    chrscaley likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tfly212 View Post
    I have had my note 2 since December and I think the best way to sum it up is that I haven't had phone envy or buyers remorse once. Nothing has come out in that time that I would ever consider swapping for. As for the note 3 if the rumors of a 5.99 screen are true I think that will be an issue, unless they remove the bezel and don't increase the physical dimensions from the note 2. If this phone was any longer it wouldn't fit in the front pocket of jeans without sticking out. Deal breaker for me. Grab the note 2 now and enjoy the massive improvement from your current phone and sell it later if you have to have the note 3 whenever it comes out. My bet is you wont bother.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    ^^ Great advice here. Why wait when there is something great right NOW? You could always sell the note 2 for a decent amount of money if you wanted to get the note 3.

And as for the buyers' remorse, I can totally agree with that. For once I feel like this will get me through my next upgrade lol. I love my Note 2. The only thing that could replace it is another note lol.

"Paint to live. Live to paint."

I like to buy last year's model.
    It drops drastically in price, and has had all the bugs worked out.
    After all the early adopters struggle through all the initial issues and a few fw/sw releases, you buy a fine tuned machine.
    All the early adopters have moved on to latest, and are actively posting all their issues and complaints.
    We all know how good the Note2 is, we don't know what issues the Note3 may have.
    I got my Note2 from Amazon for

$79.
    Device: Verizon Note2

You raise some good points especially with my bad/so-so experience with jumping on to the Droid Bionic...may I ask how did you get it for 79 bucks? With a wireless plan? In good shape too I assume.

You raise some good points about wanting the latest thing. I'm coming from a phone (Bionic) which was overhyped and dumped in the same breath so yeah I was burned. Based on what people including you had to say..looks like I'm settling in for the Note 2.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen Younger View Post
    You raise some good points about wanting the latest thing. I'm coming from a phone (Bionic) which was overhyped and dumped in the same breath so yeah I was burned. Based on what people including you had to say..looks like I'm settling in for the Note 2.
    They are $79 at Amazon with add a line or new contract.
    Device: Verizon Note2
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,028 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_Kirschbaum View Post
    when the Note 3 is released, I'm sure there will be plenty of good deals on the Note 2. Perhapd $0.99 or $49.99. (unless you don't have an available upgrade or need to keep unlimited data)

I would rather wait for the Note 4, which will no doubt be released next year. I sure hope it has a 7-inch 1920x1080 SuperAMOLED+++ screen,
    Buying retail when prices drop......want to keep unlimited data.

Kee

Buying retail when prices drop......want to keep unlimited data.

Kee
    I've never seen full retail prices drop by that much, even when the phone is about to be discontinued. (example: Verizon S3)
    LadiJae likes this.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,028 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRinger View Post
    I've never seen full retail prices drop by that much, even when the phone is about to be discontinued. (example: Verizon S3)
    Refurbished and used ones do

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Refurbished and used ones do

sorry, I thought you meant new phones only.

Back in April, Verizon had the Note 2 CLNR for only $449 on their website. My son bought one.
    It arrived in two days. Just as good as new. No sign of use at all. I suspect someone played
    with it and returned to Verizon?
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,028 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

No need to be sorry.
    I prefer refurbished. Yeah someone probably had it for a day or so and returned it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I tell people all the time that are in the same situation as you yo get what you want now. Odds are, the newest model you are waiting for doesn't offer much more than the current model you are lusting after. So don't wait. Just get the phone that you want now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

I agree with what's been said already. I have a note 2 and I've also owned the s4, htc one and iPhone 5. None of which compelled me to give up my note 2. I think that speaks volumes to just how good this phone is. Get it, then if you like the note 3 better and have to have it list your note 2 on Craigslist or ebay and get the note 3. Never know you may just want to keep the note 2.

I just picked up the Note 2 today and wow...it's only a few hours but I am really impressed with how polished this phone really is. Thanks for all the helpful advice!
    Thanked by:
    LadiJae and chrscaley like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast