Anyone Know What This New Software Download Is? Its a Huge File..

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Well.... What was it?

I have no Idea It asked me to plug the phone in it did its thing but everything seems just the same. It did however knock out my beautiful widgets clock theme and I had to go in and re install the whole thing again. Im wondering if it just didn't reinstall a part of the O/S because it also says its an updater and restoring program. Still saying 4.1.2 so no luck there.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
You know as many times as I have plugged my phone into my PC this never came up before the other day. After plugging in the phone a small screen popped up that said run Verizon/Samsung assistant. I clicked on it and a pop up came on with both the Samsung and Verizon logos on it asking me if I wanted to download this feature so I did. It appears to be a restore/update program of some sorts that now when I plug the phone to the PC checks the phone for issues and updates then fixes them.

ferndog75

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I have no Idea It asked me to plug the phone in it did its thing but everything seems just the same. It did however knock out my beautiful widgets clock theme and I had to go in and re install the whole thing again. Im wondering if it just didn't reinstall a part of the O/S because it also says its an updater and restoring program. Still saying 4.1.2 so no luck there.

I had this pop up on my PC as well, all it did was download something but never asked me to plug in my GN2, weird. :confused:

ferndog75

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
For those that are getting the download message, do you have Kies installed?

I don't have Kies downloaded. I think this "New Software" has something to do with just checking if there is a new update for your phone. Every time I plug my GN2 to my pc a pop up window appears and tells me that my phone is up to date. This might be VZW way of "fixing" the problem of Verizon GN2 phones not connecting with Kies, who knows.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't have Kies downloaded. I think this "New Software" has something to do with just checking if there is a new update for your phone. Every time I plug my GN2 to my pc a pop up window appears and tells me that my phone is up to date. This might be VZW way of "fixing" the problem of Verizon GN2 phones not connecting with Kies, who knows.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I see. I'm rooted and using a custom ROM. You have a good idea about the "fix". My wife's phone is stock and unrooted. I'll experiment later tonight on a non-Kies system in the house and see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress