1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    None

Default Anyone Know What This New Software Download Is? Its a Huge File..

Taking forever to download,,,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone Know What This New Software Download Is? Its a Huge File..-024.jpg  

Default Re: Anyone Know What This New Software Download Is? Its a Huge File..

Interesting haven't heard of any expected updates

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

is that a screenshot from a PC monitor?

No updates for my phone

sent from viper's note 2 using tapatalk 4
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    None

yup Verizon/Samsung updater

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidXTC View Post
    yup Verizon/Samsung updater
    how does one get that?

thanks!

Taking forever to download,,,
    Well.... What was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamaluka View Post
    Well.... What was it?
    probably Android 4.2

oh wait, today is not Christmas....
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Mamaluka View Post
    Well.... What was it?
    I have no Idea It asked me to plug the phone in it did its thing but everything seems just the same. It did however knock out my beautiful widgets clock theme and I had to go in and re install the whole thing again. Im wondering if it just didn't reinstall a part of the O/S because it also says its an updater and restoring program. Still saying 4.1.2 so no luck there.

So what's the scoop on this?
    Is that a Samsung Note 2 in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM
    None

You know as many times as I have plugged my phone into my PC this never came up before the other day. After plugging in the phone a small screen popped up that said run Verizon/Samsung assistant. I clicked on it and a pop up came on with both the Samsung and Verizon logos on it asking me if I wanted to download this feature so I did. It appears to be a restore/update program of some sorts that now when I plug the phone to the PC checks the phone for issues and updates then fixes them.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    None

If your cute Casey it may be BOTHT! so whtch out

I have no Idea It asked me to plug the phone in it did its thing but everything seems just the same. It did however knock out my beautiful widgets clock theme and I had to go in and re install the whole thing again. Im wondering if it just didn't reinstall a part of the O/S because it also says its an updater and restoring program. Still saying 4.1.2 so no luck there.
    I had this pop up on my PC as well, all it did was download something but never asked me to plug in my GN2, weird.

Global Posts
    958 Global Posts

For those that are getting the download message, do you have Kies installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Dog5000 View Post
    I don't have Kies downloaded. I think this "New Software" has something to do with just checking if there is a new update for your phone. Every time I plug my GN2 to my pc a pop up window appears and tells me that my phone is up to date. This might be VZW way of "fixing" the problem of Verizon GN2 phones not connecting with Kies, who knows.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    958 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ferndog75 View Post
    I don't have Kies downloaded. I think this "New Software" has something to do with just checking if there is a new update for your phone. Every time I plug my GN2 to my pc a pop up window appears and tells me that my phone is up to date. This might be VZW way of "fixing" the problem of Verizon GN2 phones not connecting with Kies, who knows.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I see. I'm rooted and using a custom ROM. You have a good idea about the "fix". My wife's phone is stock and unrooted. I'll experiment later tonight on a non-Kies system in the house and see what happens.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Dog5000 View Post
    No I don't have Kies