Google Maps and Battery Drain

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So I have noticed that on my Note 2 that my battery was draining alot faster than it normally would so I downloaded a battery drain app and figured out that it was the Android OS that was causing an alot of battery drain that what it normally does. I was able to pinpoint it to Google Maps being the issue and when I clear the app data it seems to fix the issue as my battery life goes back to being great.

I was wondering if anyone else experienced this? Or does anyone know of a good way to permanently fix this without wiping my entire phone?

Also would uninstalling all of the Google maps updates and then re-updating the app fix the issue and allow me to continue to use Google maps without the battery drain as I do really like maps but I don't want to have to be at the point where my phone is needing to be charged in 8-10 hours instead of the 16 or more I always use to get before this issue.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks again!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Michigan66

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
So I have noticed that on my Note 2 that my battery was draining alot faster than it normally would so I downloaded a battery drain app and figured out that it was the Android OS that was causing an alot of battery drain that what it normally does. I was able to pinpoint it to Google Maps being the issue and when I clear the app data it seems to fix the issue as my battery life goes back to being great.

I was wondering if anyone else experienced this? Or does anyone know of a good way to permanently fix this without wiping my entire phone?

Also would uninstalling all of the Google maps updates and then re-updating the app fix the issue and allow me to continue to use Google maps without the battery drain as I do really like maps but I don't want to have to be at the point where my phone is needing to be charged in 8-10 hours instead of the 16 or more I always use to get before this issue.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks again!

I freeze maps with rom toolbox. I dont use it very often so its not a big deal to unfreeze it if needed. Only takes about 20 seconds. My battery life is significantly better with maps frozen.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Most battery drain from Maps has been credited to Location Reporting. If you have any of these features enabled, go into the app and into it's settings and disable all Location Reporting.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks again!

I can only say I had the same exact problem last week. Solved it by uninstalling map updates and then reinstalling. Have no idea where the problem came from. I was first tipped off by the excessive Media drain then dl'd some other battery apps that pointed to maps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC