New to Android

dakotanut

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I'm getting along pretty good with it but have some small issues. I put Zedge on it to get some notification tones and ringtones and live wallpapers. Only problem I have is when I go to my contacts and want to set a ringtone and an SMS/MMS tone none of the tones I got from Zedge are there. I can set ringtones but not SMS/MMS tones. Do I need to download them somehow or something?
Next question. I've seen people with Android based phones that can continuously scroll through the screens without stopping. Like on a carousel or something. I can't find that app or widget.
I really appreciate any and all help with these issues. Not much else I've found that I need help with so far. If so, I know where and who to ask. Thanks.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Next question. I've seen people with Android based phones that can continuously scroll through the screens without stopping. Like on a carousel or something. I can't find that app or widget.
I really appreciate any and all help with these issues. Not much else I've found that I need help with so far. If so, I know where and who to ask. Thanks.

Not to familiar with the Note 2 but many custom launchers will allow you to infinite scroll.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I'm getting along pretty good with it but have some small issues. I put Zedge on it to get some notification tones and ringtones and live wallpapers. Only problem I have is when I go to my contacts and want to set a ringtone and an SMS/MMS tone none of the tones I got from Zedge are there. I can set ringtones but not SMS/MMS tones. Do I need to download them somehow or something?

Try Settings>Sound> There you can set default call and notification sounds. When asked for which source I would look in the Media section. SMS sounds, you need to open the Text app, and the list where you have all your conversations, you can hit Menu, and then Settings. That will change your SMS notification tone.

dakotanut

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what custom launchers are? I will try that way to get tones set for my particular contacts. Thanks. Ill let you know soon how that works. lol

jsadler09

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
A launcher is your home screen app that appears when you press the home button. It also includes your app drawer. The stock launcher is the TouchWiz launcher from Samsung. The default widgets like the weather and s calendar only work with that.

One of the great things about Android is that you can install a custom launcher because it's just an app. There are lots to choose from and they offer lots of customizations and features. I use Nova Launcher prime. It's stable and I really like the custom gestures. Many of these launchers have a free version, so check one out!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 rockin Beans 18 using Tapatalk 2

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

try handcent sms....its awesome and you can set a specific ringtone for each person. also change the led light notification per person.

mobius99

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
If you try a launcher app like GoLauncher or Nova it will allow you to scroll but not sure if you need to be rooted first for these apps to work..someone else might know about that.

dakotanut

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I got it. Had to go and reset apps to default. I had selected use one of the items all the time. Now when I select a sms notification I hit use one time. Thanks for all of the help.