Note 2 battery nowhere near Razr Maxx.

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean by screen on time? I'm at 46% right now when checking my battery level. I will try disabling some of those apps like you mentioned. Is that the same as uninstalling updates? Because that is the only option I have.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean by screen on time? I'm at 46% right now when checking my battery level. I will try disabling some of those apps like you mentioned. Is that the same as uninstalling updates? Because that is the only option I have.

Under battery, tap on screen and it will display this screen...

ru9e9u4e.jpg

What?! ... I'm msndrstood.
via Note II

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

I usually just disable those I don't use.
I also check the settings of different apps I download to make sure they aren't fetching for data more than what's needed for my use.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

b1ackplague

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Here's another for the Note 2 lasting all day. I just can't kill mine. 4g on all day, screen on most the time, navigation being used occasionally, about 2-3 hours of calls, tethering, some locations with poor signal (i work for an IT company and travel to smaller towns in Southern Utah) and at the end of the day it's usually around 30% left. I would have to REALLY try to get this thing dead in a day.

LHKJohn

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
People lie about battery life.. People used to lie and tell me that the palm pre got 24 hours of battery life.. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

It didn't? Lol my Pre+ got 4-5 hours Max! If I didn't have 5 touchstones strategically placed at my house and work, I would have been screwed lol. But I do miss webOS though. Anyway, my Note 2 gets pretty great battery life! I can get through a 12 hour shift at work and have 20 percent still left with moderate use.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
It didn't? Lol my Pre+ got 4-5 hours Max! If I didn't have 5 touchstones strategically placed at my house and work, I would have been screwed lol. But I do miss webOS though. Anyway, my Note 2 gets pretty great battery life! I can get through a 12 hour shift at work and have 20 percent still left with moderate use.

I too had the Palm Pre by Sprint. Got it on the first day having waited in line for hours! I also had at least 4 of those "wireless" chargers! Plus I had at least 4 extra spare batteries at all time, and many charging cables and car adapters. I too enjoyed WebOS and the "Card" view of the Pre, it was cool for its day. At the time, Radio Shack carried accessories for the Palm Pre, and they had major clearance sales on accessories by the time the Pre was finally phased out. What a joke!

Even a bigger joke was the HTC Thunderbolt by Verizon. I was literally the first in line on opening day having waited for hours. I was among the first guinea pigs to discover that battery life on Verizon's first 4G LTE phone was horrendous! I literally had 6 (count 'em 6!!) batteries for the Thunderbolt. 4 batteries were the regular stock size, and 2 batteries were the hump-back extended life battery along with the hump-back battery cover to go with it!

As to the Motorola Razr Maxx, I was so concerned about the phone having a non-removable battery that I bought the Motorola 100 series docking station for the phone and spent around $200 for it! I mainly bought the docking station because it could be used as a battery for charging the Razr Maxx if needed. The docking station is a complete joke!! It was sooooo laggy as to be frustrating and useless, so it just collects dust in my closet even to this day.

You'd think I'd have given up on being a guinea pig, but I can't seem to learn my lesson!

Casey

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
What's your screen on time after a day's use?
Seems like the Note should last longer than that. There could also be the possibility of apps that have been updated since you've switched over that are using more battery juice. The new Google Music app continues to run in the background and use up more juice than the previous version. After my one month free trial is up, I might cancel my subscription and downgrade back to the old version. I also disabled some of the Samsung media share apps I wasn't using that kept running in the background.

I have disabled many apps and bloat and it seemed to work. I'm getting somewhat better battery life, thanks.

Kiersten_Kress

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
There must be something wrong with the OP's Note 2. (either the battery itself or some bad apps draining the battery)

I have owned my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for several months and I have always gotten more than one whole day of extensive use. (phone calls, Skype video chat, music, video, ebook reading, document/photo editing)

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I had the razr maxx before coming to the note 2. I used to kill my razr maxx battery on the regular. The note 2 battery for me is hard to kill. I love this battery!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

purwater

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Add me to the list of those with great battery life. I always disconnect from my charger at 6:15 a.m. and usually put it back on charge around 10:30 or so p.m. I'm usually in the 60% range or more after a moderate day of use. I always leave wifi, 4g, and bluetooth turned on. I do have my GPS off unless I need to use maps and navigation. For a heavier day of use I'm usually in the 45-55% range after the 16 hour day. That includes maybe 100 texts, lots of email, around 2 hours or so of calls, some games, and I usually read a little on the Kindle app before I fall asleep. I'm not an always screen on type of user, but I'm extremely happy with my battery life. Coming back to android from iOS has been great and I'm definitely glad for the increased battery.

bmidd

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I just upgraded from a Razr Maxx too, add me to the list of those that are more than happy with their device and it's battery life.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-06-21-13-25.png
    Screenshot_2013-07-06-21-13-25.png
    150.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_2013-07-06-21-12-53.png
    Screenshot_2013-07-06-21-12-53.png
    258.1 KB · Views: 15

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I found that, while in Europe (no 4G signal anywhere), battery drain was much higher than I experience here in the US.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm