Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By maryhalltworound
  • 1 Post By gameaddict8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default by tomorrow, my VZW Note 2 will have been on for exactly 164 days without a restart

by tomorrow, my VZW Note 2 will have been on for exactly 164 days without a restart... last time I restarted it was January 14.
    (edit... my mistake... I originally thought it was 200 days... but not close yet)

perhaps this is nothing... but pretty impressive compared to my previous phones(VZW Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S3)

I wonder how many more days past 164 days it can continue to function perfectly without a restart?

Default Re: by tomorrow, my VZW Note 2 will have been on for exactly 164 days without a restart

Go for it!
    Ridin' a Note 2 blast

ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: by tomorrow, my VZW Note 2 will have been on for exactly 164 days without a restart

DUDE! That's impressive!

Global Posts
    854 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The most I have gone is 30 days. I had no choice but to restart.

Posted via Android Central App

You must have a magic phone. Even ios users will restart every one in a while

Posted via EVO LTE with Android Central App
    Ryan_Clark likes this.

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict8 View Post
    You must have a magic phone. Even ios users will restart every one in a while

Posted via EVO LTE with Android Central App
    LOL. I agree. I restart mine about once every 3 weeks just because I want to though.

Wow, that is amazing. Mine seems to reboot on is own, primarily when I'm using Bluetooth.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by khavalier View Post
    Wow, that is amazing. Mine seems to reboot on is own, primarily when I'm using Bluetooth.
    Some app or interaction is dogging you. I have a 60 or so apps on a rooted, slightly enhanced, stock rom and neither Bluetooth or anything else causes spontaneous reboots. Hope you find the reason it happens.
    Ridin' a Note 2 blast
    TheSickAndTwisted

Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    ROM
    EOS 4 (forever)

I had a post up about my S3 I think it was that had a bunch of days without a restart... I think it was more in the 30's at the most, maybe 20's...

What makes these phones so great at being able to go for so long is clear RAM function. Whatever phone it was, went for a long long time and the only thing that stopped it's up time was the software update that came. I do restart my phone often though, only because I'm bored and like watching the animation though.

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts

Not a "crack flasher" I see lol. I've restarted mine at least 10 times just today!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

Wow, I restart mine every night before I put it on the charger

~Jae, tap'n on my Sexy White Galaxy Note 2~
    ~Jae~

That's crazy. I restart my Note 2 every night as well. I feel it runs much better.

But it's because I use my Note 2 hard. I'm always on Google+ checking stuff out, taking pictures and video, I am constantly asking Google Now questions and using it to send texts, ect. I pretty much use Google Now to control my Note 2, back when I first got it it didn't understand me that great but now I can talk to it and it picks up everything word by word and even corrects my errors if I start to say something and then change what I was saying. It really does learn you're voice.

I'm not much of a Facebooker but as I said. I'm always on Google+ and if I'm not on that I'm on TapaTalk. I have about 5 website forums I'm always checking out.

Oh and now that Google Map's 7 is out, I'm always checking stuff out on there. Adding reviews to places I go and places I eat, ect. I love Maps again. The new UI and layout a great. It's also nice that you can look a place up on maps and go right to that spot in Google Earth, with just one press on you're screen.

I would have to say I'm a hardcore user. So I want my phone running the best it can be. I have noticed that since the new Google Maps 7 update restarting my Note 2 doesn't effect the battery life or usability almost at all. I hope it stays that way. But I'll most likely keep restarting my Note 2. I'll give it a few more days and see though.

The Google+ update along with the new version of Google Map's seems to have helped with battery life and so far no longer slowing down my Note 2 if I don't restart.

Anyone else feel that way since Google Map's 7 and the Google+ update that came out about 2 days ago?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by maryhalltworound View Post
    by tomorrow, my VZW Note 2 will have been on for exactly 164 days without a restart... last time I restarted it was January 14.
    (edit... my mistake... I originally thought it was 200 days... but not close yet)

perhaps this is nothing... but pretty impressive compared to my previous phones(VZW Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S3)

I wonder how many more days past 164 days it can continue to function perfectly without a restart?
    So you haven't updated you're device yet? Wasn't there a small update for bug fixes that was rolled out within the last two or three months?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts

I restart mine everyday as well. It seems as if my phone only updates apps when turning on. How does that work if you never shut it down?

sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by ansa82 View Post
    I restart mine everyday as well. It seems as if my phone only updates apps when turning on. How does that work if you never shut it down?

sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    you can go into play store and update your apps at any time. that being said, not sure why you would want your phone on continuously. i dont want facebook messages and e mails waking me up in the middle of the night. my phone gets shut when i go to bed

Quote Originally Posted by viper31573 View Post
    you can go into play store and update your apps at any time. that being said, not sure why you would want your phone on continuously. i dont want facebook messages and e mails waking me up in the middle of the night. my phone gets shut when i go to bed
    I use Phone Scheduler a task manager to shut off sounds at night. Some use apps like that to selectively block certain calls (not sure about app notification) but let others come through.
    Ridin' a Note 2 blast