1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default can I transfer my upgrade from Note 2 to another line on my account without losing unlimited data?

my Note 2 is currently the primary line on my Verizon family share account... this line is the only line on my account that still has unlimited data.

according to Verizon's website, this line is eligible for upgrade in December 15, 2013. (about 5 months from today)

can I transfer this line's upgrade to my line #2 or #3 without losing unlimited data? I figured the answer is no, but just wanted to find out....

(lines #2 and #3 do not have unlimited data and they are eligible for upgrade in March 2014)

Default Re: can I transfer my upgrade from Note 2 to another line on my account without losing unlimited dat

Yes, I do that all the time.

Default Re: can I transfer my upgrade from Note 2 to another line on my account without losing unlimited dat

I don't believe that you can do that anymore.

SENT FROM MY AMAZING NOTE 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Technified View Post
    I don't believe that you can do that anymore.

I just did it last month. Did they change it in the last month?

Quote Originally Posted by sux2bu View Post
    I just did it last month. Did they change it in the last month?
    So wait.... My line which is primary is due for an upgrade right now, so you are saying I can transfer my upgrade to one of my other lines and not lose my unlimited?

How is this possible? I will lose my unlimited if I use it on my own line but won't lose it if I use my upgrade on another line?

Now when there was no threat of anyone losing their unlimited I use to do that all the time myself. I still say it can't be done lol. But if you did it then congrats.

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts

Not true if you do anything with your unlimited line regarding upgrading you will loose it even by doing an alternate upgrade.

Source: direct from Verizon

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ROM
    Stock Note 2

I don't have unlimited data, but I did steal my wife's upgrade to upgrade my S3 to Note 2. She does not have data & I do. Didn't effect her or change anything in my account.

Cheers, Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by Technified View Post
    So wait.... My line which is primary is due for an upgrade right now, so you are saying I can transfer my upgrade to one of my other lines and not lose my unlimited?

How is this possible? I will lose my unlimited if I use it on my own line but won't lose it if I use my upgrade on another line?

Now when there was no threat of anyone losing their unlimited I use to do that all the time myself. I still say it can't be done lol. But if you did it then congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by jweimn View Post
    Not true if you do anything with your unlimited line regarding upgrading you will loose it even by doing an alternate upgrade.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Not true. We switched my wife's upgrade to a spare line with a feature phone and activated the s4 on that line. Then we switched the s4 back to my wife's line which let us keep unlimited and put the feature phone back on the extra line.

It still worked as of June.... I'm eligible for an upgrade as of the 22 and want to wait for the note 3 but want to keep unlimited, I hope they don't close the loophole

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

If you have unlimited plan before Verizon changed their policy like myself the unlimited plan is "grandfathered in" you can change/upgrade to any phone without any changes to your unlimited plan. The past month I've changed to a couple of phones and my plan is still the same.

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MeridianSun View Post
    Not true. We switched my wife's upgrade to a spare line with a feature phone and activated the s4 on that line. Then we switched the s4 back to my wife's line which let us keep unlimited and put the feature phone back on the extra line.

It still worked as of June.... I'm eligible for an upgrade as of the 22 and want to wait for the note 3 but want to keep unlimited, I hope they don't close the loophole

You can't "transfer" upgrades to other lines. You can only do an alternate upgrade which that will make you loose your data. Maybe your basic line had an upgrade and they just did everything on that line and never touched your wife's line. That's the only way your unlimited would be safe.

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts

You can't "transfer" upgrades to other lines. You can only do an alternate upgrade which that will make you loose your data. Maybe your basic line had an upgrade and they just did everything on that line and never touched your wife's line. That's the only way your unlimited would be safe.

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz RLS13

This is wrong. I transferred an upgrade from a line with unlimited to a line with a 2GB tiered plan, got a Note 2 and then later switched the device over to a line with unlimited data and nothing changed on my plan. The guys at Best Buy were amazed, to say the least.

Absolutely incorrect. Not sure why people continue to say this.

You are allowed to use any device that is compatible with Verizon on your unlimited data line. Verizon's only catch is that you not use subsidized pricing on that line. The phone can come from any other line at any other price, just not on that line.

You are wrong.

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts

You are wrong.

Welt sorry but that's just the policy Verizon trains people on.

If it is possible to transfer an upgrade that'd be amazing so I can use my upgrade and keep unlimited

Welt sorry but that's just the policy Verizon trains people on.

If it is possible to transfer an upgrade that'd be amazing so I can use my upgrade and keep unlimited
    Sure, that is what Verizon said. As stated before in this thread, the trick is to transfer the upgrade to a non unlimited line first. Then upgrade the non unlimited line.

They also day that you can't have unlimited data on a tablet, which isn't true either.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Sure, that is what Verizon said. As stated before in this thread, the trick is to transfer the upgrade to a non unlimited line first. Then upgrade the non unlimited line.

They also day that you can't have unlimited data on a tablet, which isn't true either.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    No yea that I remember reading on the tablet part. But hey if their is a loop hole so be it.