Is it possible to enable usb debugging on a bricked Note 2

heggood

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Help! I have a note 2 that is stuck on the logo screen, it will not boot, nor can I boot into recovery, my only option is download mode. I have try flashing back to stock w/ Odin but it fails. I have tried the note2 toolkit but its stuck on " waiting for USB debugging to be enabled". How can I enable this without being able to access my phone settings? Thanks!

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Help! I have a note 2 that is stuck on the logo screen, it will not boot, nor can I boot into recovery, my only option is download mode. I have try flashing back to stock w/ Odin but it fails. I have tried the note2 toolkit but its stuck on " waiting for USB debugging to be enabled". How can I enable this without being able to access my phone settings? Thanks!

I don't believe you can't and the fact it isn't booting into android means USB debugging cant be accessed if I remember correctly. ADB access could be possible.

Have you considered a JTAG service to fixed the bricked device since I assume you flashed something not meant for your phone or how did the brick happen?

If all fails you could use this JTAG service

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=281111151388

I've used it previously and is cheap. There is also mobiletechvideos.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
If your bootloader is unlocked and you flashed a rom usin odin you will brick your device...only use odin to go back to stock if you unlocked your bootlader

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
If you were running the stock kernel when this happened there is unfortunately no way you can enable USB debugging. As it is disabled by default in all stock kernels. The above mentioned is your only way to fix it.

Another question though; can you access recovery?

Posted via Android Central App