Which Has Cheapest Cloud Storage With The Most Space?

ohnelson77

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone. I have over 4,000 photos and videos on my sd card, and dropbox does not have enough space for me at the promotional rate. Id love use google drive, but it doesnt automatically sync my photos and videos like how drop box does. I cant even send my photos and videos to google drive from my phone. Also, if I by a wifi hard drive, can i use that like a cloud service if im not near my wifi drive. Can someone please help me??

Thank you

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Flickr gives you 1tb of storage free. I use an app that uploads my pictures and videos instantly. I also use Google + but at the reduced size. My Flickr ones are stored at full qualify because that is a ton of space

MandiRBaker

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I prefer copy.com. Quite new, but perhaps the new dropbox.

If you register with the link below you get 20 GB instead of 15 GB.

Furthermore you earn 5 GB ! of extra free storage for yourself each time you introduce someone new to Copy. You get lots of storage pretty fast. This is a limited time opportunity during the promotion phase.

[link removed by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Google has you covered https://support.google.com/plus/answer/2910392?hl=en

You get 15 GB for free.
Pictures that are 2048 pixels (or less) on the longest edge do not count towards your storage limit.
Videos that are less than 15 minutes long and 1080p or lower resolution do not count towards your storage limit.
If you need more space, you buy Google Drive space.
Bingo. This is what I use. 15GB is enough, especially considering that the photo storage and music storage are basically free and unlimited (20,000 songs, unlimited 2048 photos). Plus, I love it when Google Plus automatically creates animated gif files!

Flickr gives you 1tb of storage free. I use an app that uploads my pictures and videos instantly. I also use Google + but at the reduced size. My Flickr ones are stored at full qualify because that is a ton of space
That's great, but it's only good for pictures though. Can't upload other files there.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone. I have over 4,000 photos and videos on my sd card, and dropbox does not have enough space for me at the promotional rate. Id love use google drive, but it doesnt automatically sync my photos and videos like how drop box does. I cant even send my photos and videos to google drive from my phone. Also, if I by a wifi hard drive, can i use that like a cloud service if im not near my wifi drive. Can someone please help me??

Thank you

How about the Google backup? It can automatically sync all your photos and videos with Google. That is really useful if you are changing to another Android device.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

I've tried using Flickr, but whenever I upload pictures it always seem to reject a few. It would say the pictures had errors. I would then upload them to Dropbox and Google without a problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I've tried using Flickr, but whenever I upload pictures it always seem to reject a few. It would say the pictures had errors. I would then upload them to Dropbox and Google without a problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

How about photobucket?

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the free 25Gb SkyDrive account. Since we also have a Mac and iPads I'll also use Photo Stream. I like to use different vendors for different things to keep one company from having all my information

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
How about photobucket?

I have a Photobucket account, but don't use it. They only offer 2GB of storage. After that you have to pay. I probably wouldn't need 100GB of photo storage, but if I did would probably just stick with Dropbox. They're 100GB plan costs almost the same as Dropbox, yet you can only upload photos and videos to Photobucket.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a Photobucket account, but don't use it. They only offer 2GB of storage. After that you have to pay. I probably wouldn't need 100GB of photo storage, but if I did would probably just stick with Dropbox. They're 100GB plan costs almost the same as Dropbox, yet you can only upload photos and videos to Photobucket.

So, have you consider file hosting site?

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Thank you

Its easy to send pics and videos to google drive. Just send em from the gallery on your phone.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
So, have you consider file hosting site?

Already have a file hosting account.
Much easier to upload photos and files from mobile device using the Dropbox and Google Drive apps. So, I basically stick with those two for most of my needs.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Already have a file hosting account.
Much easier to upload photos and files from mobile device to Dropbox and Google Drive apps. So, I basically stick with those two for most of my needs.

I see. Google Drive can automatically backup your data easily, which makes it a convenient thing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I also have 25 gigs plus another 20 from Office 365 University edition. A total of 45 gigs

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

centerwaters

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I know the OP asked about cloud storage.

What about just putting in a larger MicroSD card? I bought a 64GB Sandisk MicroSDXC card from Amazon last week when it was on sale for $39.75 last week. (ships and sold directly from Amazon.com, not 3rd party seller)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith