1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default MP3 files unsupported on Note2?

I just got a 32 gig Micro SD card, loaded it on the phone, formatted the card on the phone. Then connected the phone on the computer via cable, and loaded up about 20 gigs of Video and Music to the phone. I checked to see the contents of the card, and they reflected that I had about 9 gigs left but after the transfer. When I go to play them, I am getting "media is not supported by the phone." Has anyone seen this error? I am not sure what is going on, because I had similar files on my 8GB card, and they played without any issues..
    I had previously read, that you cannot copy music to the card by connecting to a computer and that we had to use kies to do it? Is this why my media is on the phone, but I can't play it? If that is the case, then I am going to have major issues with this amazing phone....Can anyone please help????
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: MP3 files unsupported on Note2?

really??? 234 views, and not a single comment....I guess no one else has seen this....
    Must be my SD Card, as I can't download anything from the web on to my card as well.....

When I first received my phone I copied everything from my smaller sdcard to my PC then to my larger sdcard.
    All of my files play fine.
    I didn't format my sdcard until I wanted to try an aosp ROM.

I have read in the past (possibly Thunderbolt) that formating the card outside the phone first improves card functionality. I personally have transfered the first card from my T-Bolt and it worked great. Acquired the Sandisk 64GB card, did not format it, works like a charm. File transfer is exclusively USB for GB's of data and has not caused an issue.

I copy mp3 files from my laptop to a 64gb card in the phone via usb cable and they play fine.
    Ridin' a Note 2 blast

I have no problem with mp3 files, whether on native memory, on the card or streaming live.

Quote Originally Posted by sardar615 View Post
    I just got a 32 gig Micro SD card, loaded it on the phone, formatted the card on the phone. Then connected the phone on the computer via cable, and loaded up about 20 gigs of Video and Music to the phone. I checked to see the contents of the card, and they reflected that I had about 9 gigs left but after the transfer. When I go to play them, I am getting "media is not supported by the phone." Has anyone seen this error? I am not sure what is going on, because I had similar files on my 8GB card, and they played without any issues..
    I had previously read, that you cannot copy music to the card by connecting to a computer and that we had to use kies to do it? Is this why my media is on the phone, but I can't play it? If that is the case, then I am going to have major issues with this amazing phone....Can anyone please help????
    might want to take card out and reformat and then add the media back on just to see if its still a problem. I switched all my files over to my 64gb card and haven't had any problems at all..