If Samsung and Verizon skip 4.2 and go straight to 4.3 update, will we get it before the end of 2013

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Who knows. August or September I know were rumored so maybe Samsung is testing the new OS already and is just waiting on Google to make it official.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You won't need to pray. The right to get OTA updates later than customers of the
same phone on all other US carriers is guaranteed in your contract with Verizon. :)

Hah that's funny. But seriously op, that's how Verizon operates. And I highly doubt they would skip 4.2. Its already in development and the only devices that are ever up to date with android are nexus devices. Every other flagship midrange or lowrange are constantly at least an update behind, with the average being 2 behind.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Does Samsung have groups of customers try out the software before release like motorola does?

sent from my Galaxy Note 2

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
The Note 2 is BY FAR the best phone I've ever had as it is. Not sure why so many people get so hung up on wondering about if/when the next update will be. If we get it, we get it, if we don't, no big deal for me since I can't imagine the phone getting any better. Are there that many people dissatisfied with their note 2?

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I personally think it would be nice to skip to 4.3. I have an S4, Nexus 7 and Asus tf700 running 4.2.2 and it is buggier and laggy compared to 4.1.2. I have read performance is better and smoother with the 4.3 leaks over 4.2.
I think people would be filling up the forums complaining about the performance hit the Note 2 would take compared to running so well on 4.1.2.

Just my opinion, but I would rather wait for 4.3. And if the rumors are true I think it is a smart move by Samsung.

Kiersten_Kress

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I personally think it would be nice to skip to 4.3. I have an S4, Nexus 7 and Asus tf700 running 4.2.2 and it is buggier and laggy compared to 4.1.2. I have read performance is better and smoother with the 4.3 leaks over 4.2.
I think people would be filling up the forums complaining about the performance hit the Note 2 would take compared to running so well on 4.1.2.

Just my opinion, but I would rather wait for 4.3. And if the rumors are true I think it is a smart move by Samsung.

in that case, isn't 4.3 just as likely to have bugs? :)

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Every time I see these threads, it always brings me back to this awesome AC post that talks about "Update anxiety": Why you'll never have the latest version of Android | Android Central

An excerpt (bolded part by me :)):

As updates become more common, and consumers become more tech-savvy, there?s an increasing awareness that devices can be updated, and an expectation that they should be updated. With that comes a sort of ?update anxiety.? If you?ve dropped by any smartphone message board, such as our own forums or XDA?s, you?ll know what we mean by this. Threads abound asking when ICS, or Jelly Bean, will be available for certain devices. In the event of delayed or even canceled updates, Internet denizens swear they?ll never buy another phone from that manufacturer or carrier again. It?s an entirely negative ownership experience.

While this isn?t representative of the entire user base -- not by far -- it?s an example of how many power users experience Android smartphones. They?re always behind the curve, always waiting on an update, never fully enjoying the product that they?ve bought as they?ve bought it. Part of that is the fault of the tech press -- we?re always focused on what?s new, and that means talking about software that hasn?t yet reached most folks.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just curious, what feature of 4.2 is so important to you to want it soon? Or is it just because you want the latest software?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Kiersten_Kress

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Just curious, what feature of 4.2 is so important to you to want it soon? Or is it just because you want the latest software?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

I would have said Photosphere... but I downloaded the Photosphere APK from XDA and it's amazing to use on my Note 2 with 4.1.2

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
in that case, isn't 4.3 just as likely to have bugs? :)

The reason for OS updates is to ad features, fix bugs and improve performance. Sometimes it goes the other way. I remember when my tf700 updated to 4.2. Very disappointed. It wasn't as buggy as it was laggy, and it showed in benchmarks. That is what updates are for though, and of course ?root?.

As far as your question, all OS updates have bugs and lag to work out. I just think every OS update I have ever taken was a noticeable performance improvement until 4.2. To me 4.2 went backwards in performance. As I said though people are saying the 4.3 leaks are smoother and running better benchmarks.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
i saw a comment tonight that said "no phone can have 4.3 before the S4" why is that? we have the older phone. only by about 5 months, but why should the S4 get it before us? doesn the S4 already have 4.2.2?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan