My Google account won't sync

XXI

May 17, 2010
Visit site
When I go to Settings Accounts Google under my email it says sync account disabled.
I can click on the account and sync but it goes through the motion of syncing but account still shows disabled under my email and doesn't sync anything.

I can't see what I am doing wrong I even deleted account and re added it and same thing happens

Anyone know a fix for this?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
When I go to Settings Accounts Google under my email it says sync account disabled.
I can click on the account and sync but it goes through the motion of syncing but account still shows disabled under my email and doesn't sync anything.

I can't see what I am doing wrong I even deleted account and re added it and same thing happens

Anyone know a fix for this?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

I forget where on Samsung devices, but there's an auto sync setting somewhere around there. On my HTC it's a slider at the top of the Accounts and Sync settings. It may be in an overflow menu if it isn't readily apparent. There also may be an account by account update schedule option. Just dig around and find the stuff for updating and syncing. Be sure to look for those words.

Tara Loughran

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S III which was doing the same thing. I couldn't find that "auto-sync" check box, but I did find a sync option that worked. You have to open the calendar app and THEN go into calendar settings by pressing the left menu button. The menu will pop up with the sync option. I don't know why it wasn't syncing automatically, but at least it works now when I tell it to.

I expect the contacts sync in a similar way, but I am still working on that one.

AMKhatri

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem as well on my Galaxy Nexus 4.3..
My contacts sync is stuck showing "Last sync 1 October"...
I touch to sync, it shows syncing... then shows the same thing!

EDIT: From someone else's post.. Here's a fix:

(Since I'm running stock Android, the procedure could be different..)

Go to Settings, Apps, All, Contacts Storage, Delete Data

Go to Settings, Your Google Account, Sync All...

Should take a while (depending on your internet connection speed) and voila... You're done and good to go!

PS:
- Backup all of your contacts, in case something goes wrong!
- After this, my sync works, although I do have more than 100 empty contacts "(no name)" in my contacts list now...

Hope this helps!
:cool:

Last edited: