Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Person on other End Hears Own Voice Echoing

My Note 2 is about 2 mos old, same as my wife's. I thought people on the other end of my conversations were just experiencing a bad connection occasionally or the problem was on their end. NO!! Every call, unless I'm using my Bluetooth earpiece, does this. Verizon store "guru" only suggested I contact Samsung (great customer service!) about it. I have seen references to this problem elsewhere but no solution...?

I sorely hope I can just tweak something & make it go away, otherwise I'm in techland sales hell, trying to get a retailer to give me a NEW phone.

Anyone?
    Ron

Default Re: Person on other End Hears Own Voice Echoing

It must still be under warranty. Have Vzw send you a refurb.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

I have this issue as well and it happens with and without Bluetooth use. I had this also happen a lot on a GS3. Not so much on a RAZR maxx but it still happened. I was beginning to think I have craptacular luck but I have now seen this issue present itself on my girlfriend's vzw Note 2...

Posted via Android Central App

I just switched to Verizon from sprint, both with Note 2. I just assumed Verizon lagged behind in call quality. Maybe I just have a lemon.

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

I also have the same issue, but sporadic. I was thinking it has to do with the area. I can be traveling and on the phone getting the echo. Then as I move the echo disappears.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I think *lots* of folks are experiencing this. About the "refurb:" It irks me that a retail store won't replace my 2-month-old phone with a new one. Refurbs can have their own problems. If I bought a tool at Sears and it was defective, would they tell me to contact the Chinese company that made it? Or replace it with a used one? I am disgusted with their idea of customer service and standing behind the products they sell.

There is more than one reason for an echoing symptom, but the type I have happens consistently (unless using Bluetooth). There are some videos on-line showing ways to mitigate feedback from one of the mics, but I'm not voiding my warranty by dinking with it.

I brought mine in to Verizon and they tried a new sim card thinking that it might not be connecting correctly to the network. He said the next thing to try would be a refurbished phone and I have only had mine for 5 weeks. It didn't work so I guess I'm going to try a refurbished phone which is kind of annoying since everything else about this phone works so perfectly.

We have more than one phone that is doing this (HTC One) on Verizon. It's been happening more frequently over the past couple of weeks. Now that I know others are having this same issue (with different phones), I'm thinking this is more of a provider issue.

My note 2 is on the Verizon network but through pageplus I had it flashed so I don't use the sim card and all my calls have been crystal clear. Maybe it does have something to do with the sim.

sent from my fabulous galaxy note 2