My Note 2 is about 2 mos old, same as my wife's. I thought people on the other end of my conversations were just experiencing a bad connection occasionally or the problem was on their end. NO!! Every call, unless I'm using my Bluetooth earpiece, does this. Verizon store "guru" only suggested I contact Samsung (great customer service!) about it. I have seen references to this problem elsewhere but no solution...?

I sorely hope I can just tweak something & make it go away, otherwise I'm in techland sales hell, trying to get a retailer to give me a NEW phone.

Anyone?
    Ron
    07-31-2013 05:23 PM
    It must still be under warranty. Have Vzw send you a refurb.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    07-31-2013 05:57 PM
    I have this issue as well and it happens with and without Bluetooth use. I had this also happen a lot on a GS3. Not so much on a RAZR maxx but it still happened. I was beginning to think I have craptacular luck but I have now seen this issue present itself on my girlfriend's vzw Note 2...

Posted via Android Central App
    07-31-2013 06:11 PM
    I just switched to Verizon from sprint, both with Note 2. I just assumed Verizon lagged behind in call quality. Maybe I just have a lemon.

07-31-2013 08:17 PM
    I also have the same issue, but sporadic. I was thinking it has to do with the area. I can be traveling and on the phone getting the echo. Then as I move the echo disappears.
    08-01-2013 05:19 AM
    I think *lots* of folks are experiencing this. About the "refurb:" It irks me that a retail store won't replace my 2-month-old phone with a new one. Refurbs can have their own problems. If I bought a tool at Sears and it was defective, would they tell me to contact the Chinese company that made it? Or replace it with a used one? I am disgusted with their idea of customer service and standing behind the products they sell.

There is more than one reason for an echoing symptom, but the type I have happens consistently (unless using Bluetooth). There are some videos on-line showing ways to mitigate feedback from one of the mics, but I'm not voiding my warranty by dinking with it.
    08-01-2013 10:15 AM
    I brought mine in to Verizon and they tried a new sim card thinking that it might not be connecting correctly to the network. He said the next thing to try would be a refurbished phone and I have only had mine for 5 weeks. It didn't work so I guess I'm going to try a refurbished phone which is kind of annoying since everything else about this phone works so perfectly.

08-02-2013 04:41 PM
    We have more than one phone that is doing this (HTC One) on Verizon. It's been happening more frequently over the past couple of weeks. Now that I know others are having this same issue (with different phones), I'm thinking this is more of a provider issue.
    11-05-2013 12:38 PM
    My note 2 is on the Verizon network but through pageplus I had it flashed so I don't use the sim card and all my calls have been crystal clear. Maybe it does have something to do with the sim.

sent from my fabulous galaxy note 2
    11-05-2013 05:11 PM