Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3 to be released in September... will the price of Note 2 drop like a rock pretty soon? :(

Note 3 to be released in September... (add on another month or two for the Verizon version)
    will the price of Note 2 drop like a rock pretty soon?

Default Re: Note 3 to be released in September... will the price of Note 2 drop like a rock pretty soon? :(

Quote Originally Posted by MissyHaney View Post
    Note 3 to be released in September... (add on another month or two for the Verizon version)
    will the price of Note 2 drop like a rock pretty soon?
    Doubt it. I work at a carrier store and phones values hold on until the new version is actually out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Note 3 to be released in September... will the price of Note 2 drop like a rock pretty soon? :(

The Verizon Note II was $50 on contract after gc back in February. I don't anticipate that it would drop below that price, and even if it did, $50 drop is not really a huge drop, imo.

I always try to wait for the best deals on phones myself.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Yeah but it's 299 right now....

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by MeridianSun View Post
    Yeah but it's 299 right now....

As is the case with deals, you have to get on them when active, if money is your primary concern, be patient but be quick when a promo comes up.

As for current deals, , amazon has it for $100 for new accounts, higher for upgrades or add a line

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

I'm waiting for the note 3 anyway. Plus I'm going through Verizon and using the loop hole trick to keep unlimited.

karsdroid likes this.

Yeah I have the s4 now and I can't wait for the note 3. I thought the note 2 could have been so much better. If it comes out with a much much better screen resolution. Octa core processor for all versions. I'll be a happy camper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Haalcyon likes this.

$199 on the VZW website today, I think the sale runs about a week according to a TV ad I saw in the last day or so.

Quote Originally Posted by epicness4G View Post
    Yeah I have the s4 now and I can't wait for the note 3. I thought the note 2 could have been so much better. If it comes out with a much much better screen resolution. Octa core processor for all versions. I'll be a happy camper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Why do you need an octacore phone? Just because it sounds cool? I would like to know what about the note 2 you don't like (other than screen resolution which is great). I have had the note 2 since February and love everything about it. It never lags and is such a perfect size. (That's what she said) I'm not trying to bash you, I'm just wondering why anybody would not like this phone or would need to have more when this is such a great phone. I guess people need the latest and greatest.
    Thanked by 2:
    petaf and msndrstood like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jlost View Post
    Why do you need an octacore phone? Just because it sounds cool? I would like to know what about the note 2 you don't like (other than screen resolution which is great). I have had the note 2 since February and love everything about it. It never lags and is such a perfect size. (That's what she said) I'm not trying to bash you, I'm just wondering why anybody would not like this phone or would need to have more when this is such a great phone. I guess people need the latest and greatest.
    +1
    The Note 2 is the best Samsung device I have used to date.

Sent from my Google Play Edition HTC ONE.
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP

It rings, I answer it...
    Seriously, this really is a great phone; I'm not a gamer but I suspect it would do just fine.

Well the resolution isn't as great as it is on the s3 or s4 for one. I do everything on my phone. From tethering to watching movies and creating and editing documents, work e-mails etc..Don't get me wrong I love the note 2. I still recommend people to buy it. I also manage a best buy mobile and I feel like I can give my customers the greatest experience by getting to know each phone in and out that's why I always have "the latest and greatest". There will never be a perfect device, there's always something to improve. I did notice lag but I'm a heavy user. Obviously all of us are entitled to our own opinion and preferences. It wouldn't be the same if I asked you why you got the note 2 instead of the note 1. Or getting the s3 over the s4.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Well the resolution isn't as great as it is on the s3 or s4 for one. I do everything on my phone. From tethering to watching movies and creating and editing documents, work e-mails etc..Don't get me wrong I love the note 2. I still recommend people to buy it. I also manage a best buy mobile and I feel like I can give my customers the greatest experience by getting to know each phone in and out that's why I always have "the latest and greatest". There will never be a perfect device, there's always something to improve. I did notice lag but I'm a heavy user. Obviously all of us are entitled to our own opinion and preferences. It wouldn't be the same if I asked you why you got the note 2 instead of the note 1. Or getting the s3 over the s4.

I can understand if it is your job to know about every spec about every phone. But what I am trying to say is that the note 2 being over a year old that it's still holdin up to what is coming out now and as for the resolution not being "as good" how much better would you like it to be. Its a 720p screen. Plus the size of the screen is bigger. Isn't it the smaller the screen the better it looks?
    Last edited by jlost; 08-17-2013 at 08:15 AM.

I can understand if it is your job to know about every spec about every phone. But what I am trying to say is that the note 2 being over a year old that it's still holdin up to what is coming out now and as for the resolution not being "as good" how much better would you like it to be. Its a 720p screen. Plus the size of the screen is bigger. Isn't it the smaller the screen the better it looks?
    Not really, take a loot at the LG optimus G pro. The screen is superb! Not saying it doesn't hold up. The phone performs really well.

Not really, take a loot at the LG optimus G pro. The screen is superb! Not saying it doesn't hold up. The phone performs really well.

Yeah that's true. I know other phones have more ppi but doest it really matter lol

Yeah that's true. I know other phones have more ppi but doest it really matter lol
    Perhaps not, but once you go full 1080 and a high amount of PPI you can't go back

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Perhaps not, but once you go full 1080 and a high amount of PPI you can't go back

I'm in the process of buying the S4. When I hold the S4 and my Note 2 side by side, I think my Note 2's screen looks a lot better. Or have my eye gotten more accustomed to a much larger screen?.

Quote Originally Posted by MissyHaney View Post
    I'm in the process of buying the S4. When I hold the S4 and my Note 2 side by side, I think my Note 2's screen looks a lot better. Or have my eye gotten more accustomed to a much larger screen?.
    Yeah I believe so, the note 2s screen is good don't get me wrong. But I just think it is as crisp as the s4. Or the LG optimus G pro. Its like comparing the a non retina display iPad like the iPad 2 and the iPad 4. The difference is there but it may not be such to the naked eye.

Yeah I believe so, the note 2s screen is good don't get me wrong. But I just think it is as crisp as the s4. Or the LG optimus G pro. Its like comparing the a non retina display iPad like the iPad 2 and the iPad 4. The difference is there but it may not be such to the naked eye.

I went to Best Buy the other day and saw the Samsung experience thingy and was looking at the S4. The screen popped out and was very noticeable yet I think the brightness was up 100%. So it looked more crisp but who has their phone at 100% brightness? That would kill the battery. Does anybody know what the ppi of the note 2 vs the S4?

I'll be upgrading. However, I think the Note 3 will last /suit my needs for at least two years.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

I went to Best Buy the other day and saw the Samsung experience thingy and was looking at the S4. The screen popped out and was very noticeable yet I think the brightness was up 100%. So it looked more crisp but who has their phone at 100% brightness? That would kill the battery. Does anybody know what the ppi of the note 2 vs the S4?
    The note 2 has 267 PPI and the s4 is 441
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Quote Originally Posted by jweimn View Post
    PPI doesn't mean a whole lot anymore, its the screen resolution, as PPI only represents the amount of "pixels per inch" and determines display size not quality or clarity.

Its really only useful for advertising/competition purposes.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Quote Originally Posted by jweimn View Post
    I will say my wife has a S3 and when she saw that she was amazed and she wanted that very badly. That's an awesome screen but not enough to make me upgrade to it. I wish Samsung would make a vanilla device the size of the note 2. Then I may be thinking about upgrading lol

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    PPI doesn't mean a whole lot anymore, its the screen resolution, as PPI only represents the amount of "pixels per inch" and determines display size not quality or clarity.

Its really only useful for advertising/competition purposes.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    No yes I'm aware of that the person above just wanted to know it. Although I will say the higher PPI in the s4 does look nice I still like the display on the note 2

I will say my wife has a S3 and when she saw that she was amazed and she wanted that very badly. That's an awesome screen but not enough to make me upgrade to it. I wish Samsung would make a vanilla device the size of the note 2. Then I may be thinking about upgrading lol
    Im sure the next note will have a Google play edition. But what's the point of that? Its a stripped down device with no features. Just put a custom vanilla rom in your device

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast