How do I delete the U2 album from my iPhone?

MissyHaney

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
what's the difference between MHL adapter and wireless All-Share adapter?

I have a Verizon Galaxy Note 2 and I connect it to my TV via the official Samsung MHL HDMI adapter.
(bought it from Verizon website for only $29 after corporate discount)

Everything on the TV screen is mirror exactly as it is on the Note 2. The only downside is that the
MHL adapter has to be connected at all times to the Note 2 and a mini-USB adapter.

Samsung also have a wireless All-Share adapter. From what I've read, it connects to the TV and needs
USB adapter. However, it's wireless between the Note 2 and adapter. What I haven't been able to
find out is what is displayed on the TV screen. Does it mirror 100% of whatever is on the Note 2's screen?

Thanks for any info on this! :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: what's the difference between MHL adapter and wireless All-Share adapter?

It supports screen mirroring (AllShare Cast), so it'll work very similiar to your MHL adapter. But bear in mind that a wired connection will most of the time be better than a wireless, network-dependent transmission.

MissyHaney

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

It supports screen mirroring (AllShare Cast), so it'll work very similiar to your MHL adapter. But bear in mind that a wired connection will most of the time be better than a wireless, network-dependent transmission.

Does the All Share Cast thing connect via wifi directly to the Note 2? (i.e. no need for a wireless router)

Thanks! :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Nope, sorry on that one. The AllShare Cast Feature only works via WiFi and the AllShare Adapter connects to your WiFi network, not directly to your phone, so the whole transmission depends on your local network conditions and that the Wireless Router is actually doing its job and you're not blocking the necessary ports for the AllShare magic to happen (most routers do not block these ports when local traffic is involved, but there is the possibility if the configuration has been fiddled with).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan