If your Note 2 dies, do you go to a Verizon store or go through Samsung for warranty service?

MissyHaney

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
If your Note 2 dies, do you go to a Verizon store or go through Samsung for warranty service?

Do either one require the phone to be sent in for repairs? Or do they simply give you a replacement
refurbished phone?(if so, how soon do they send you a replacement phone?)

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
If you have insurance, you'll go through Asurion. You could try to take it to Verizon and see what they'll do for you, but from my experience they don't do a lot if they don't have to. If it'll be a true warranty claim you'll have to go through Samsung.

DevilJack

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
They have gave me once or twice back in the day... Not with my note thought do far no issues

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

DevilJack

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Try and bring it back... They have handed me a phone in the past for a damaged phone under 1 year

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
If under the one yr warranty they will have a replacement from customer care sent to you. They normally don't have replacements in the store. Mine was sent to me. I was having issues with my contacts disappearing. Had to reboot to get back. I have ins but the one yr warranty covered it.
And its best to take to a store and have them look at it. And remember this: they will do what they can and allowed. Be nice and polite. I sold wireless and being yelled at gets you nothing. Just more frustration and making others uncomfortable.
Good luck!

sent from my amazing Note2

MissyHaney

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
If under the one yr warranty they will have a replacement from customer care sent to you. They normally don't have replacements in the store. Mine was sent to me. I was having issues with my contacts disappearing. Had to reboot to get back. I have ins but the one yr warranty covered it.
And its best to take to a store and have them look at it. And remember this: they will do what they can and allowed. Be nice and polite. I sold wireless and being yelled at gets you nothing. Just more frustration and making others uncomfortable.
Good luck!

Thanks for your reply! :) I'm asking the question for my niece who is on a roadtrip from NYC to Denver. (with two more weeks to go) She is somewhere in Nebraska right now. It's not feasible to have the phone shipped to her, since she's on a car trip. I told her to just stop by a Verizon corporate store somewhere tomorrow morning and see what they can do. If Verizon store doesn't have a replacement Note 2... what are the chance that they can give her a substitute phone? :)

We've narrowed it down to the Note 2 itself. Both the original and spare Samsung batteries couldn't power on the phone. No charger(car or AC) can power it up. Hard reset (Home + Volume-UP + Power) didn't work either. Dead as a PED dispenser in a MLB baseball player's back pocket.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I seriously doubt they will have one onhand to give her. Hopefully she can get it replaced. They can send to where she is. They will replace with same as she has.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I seriously doubt they will have one onhand to give her. Hopefully she can get it replaced. They can send to where she is. They will replace with same as she has.

They can send it overnight(may cost a little). She can plam ahead wherever she is staying and have it shipped there

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Verizon did away with replacements in store back when they did away with having techs in store. All warranty claims have to be dealt through customer care and the phone will be shipped by the post office. Overnight usually cost extra but you may be able to talk them into having their supervisor override the overnight charge. It can be done I had it done before its just a matter of will that person.

Hope this helps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781