1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default beans rom galaxy note 2

Shortly after the device was released I flashed the beanstown rom to my galaxy note 2 using Odin. I did not unlock the bootloader. Is there any way to flash the updated rom to the phone while still keeping the bootloader locked? I'm new to this stuff. So I don't know how to go about updating in the easiest way possible. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: beans rom galaxy note 2

Quote Originally Posted by 11cfcblues11 View Post
    Shortly after the device was released I flashed the beanstown rom to my galaxy note 2 using Odin. I did not unlock the bootloader. Is there any way to flash the updated rom to the phone while still keeping the bootloader locked? I'm new to this stuff. So I don't know how to go about updating in the easiest way possible. Thanks in advance.
    How did you flash his rom without unlocking the bootloader? It installs a kernel. Can you reboot into recovery?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

When the device first came out there was a way to flash it without unlocking the bootloader.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I can still reboot into recovery but I don't know if I can just flash the updated version of the rom right over it or if I need to revert to the original verizon software first.

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

You shouldn't have to go back to the stock ROM. If you're already running Jelly Beans then see this for update instructions

Suggest posting here as there are some experienced users on this thread who may be able to help more JellyBeans ROM

Quote Originally Posted by 11cfcblues11 View Post
    I can still reboot into recovery but I don't know if I can just flash the updated version of the rom right over it or if I need to revert to the original verizon software first.
    If you have twrp or cwm....just download the update to your sd card. Wipe everything and install. Easy as it gets.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2