Going to do it!!!!

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just put my gnex up for sale to finally get a note 2......
I have wanted to try one since May, and yes it's an older device, but everyone says it's amazing.
I posted on here if it was worth it, but with prices around 400.00 I don't care if it is the latest and greatest.
I just need good battery and a good signal.....Wish me luck in the gnex sale!

MissyHaney

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I have wanted to try one since May, and yes it's an older device, but everyone says it's amazing.
I posted on here if it was worth it, but with prices around 400.00 I don't care if it is the latest and greatest.

Why not wait another month or two for Verizon to release the Note 3? If it's awesome, then spend a couple extra hundred dollars for the newer device. (or get the Note 2 at a much lower price)

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Good luck!! Glad you can finally get the Note 2

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Why not wait another month or two for Verizon to release the Note 3? If it's awesome, then spend a couple extra hundred dollars for the newer device. (or get the Note 2 at a much lower price)
Want to keep my existing plan....so buying off contract.
Right now every penny helps......plus if Verizon gets it later then others, it would be a while.
Good luck!! Glad you can finally get the Note 2
Thanks! Only if I can sell the Gnex.....

DWooderson

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, but even buying off contract, if you wait for the Note 3 to come out, the Note 2 prices should drop (new or used). You're so close, just wait a little longer.

BTW, I'm coming from the Samsung Droid Charge, which had horrible battery life. The Note 2 battery life really is amazing.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Good luck! :) Don't think you'll have any regrets, it's an awesome device! I wouldn't hesitate today to get another one even though the Note 3 is forthcoming. At least with the Note 2, it's a known quantity, it's available now at a reduced price, still performs like a champ, and has confirmed root access and custom ROMs (if interested). As to the Note 3, we don't know when it'll be available on Verizon yet (could be months), how it will perform and when root access will be available. My two cents. :)

MissyHaney

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Want to keep my existing plan....so buying off contract.
Right now every penny helps......plus if Verizon gets it later then others, it would be a while.

Thanks! Only if I can sell the Gnex.....

It shouldn't be that hard to sell the Verizon Galaxy Nexus. I bought one from Amazon last month. It was from a 3rd party seller. It was advertised as in good condition for $175. When I received it, it looked brand new and worked perfectly. I use it as a spare phone.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Someone is offering me the note 2 with 32gb card and some goodies for my gnex and all my accessories and 150.00
I think I am going to do it.
He has it carrier unlocked so it's been on a tmobile sim...I thought this phone wasn't carrier unlocked?

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Just sprung for a Note II from Letstalk.com for $149 ($100 cheaper than Verizon). I wanted to wait until prices dropped once the Note 3 came out, but there's no predicting when that will happen. Plus, I'm sick of Sprint and my contract with them just expired. Also, the Note 3 isn't THAT much of an improvement...

Flyboy1100

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Just sprung for a Note II from Letstalk.com for $149 ($100 cheaper than Verizon). I wanted to wait until prices dropped once the Note 3 came out, but there's no predicting when that will happen. Plus, I'm sick of Sprint and my contract with them just expired. Also, the Note 3 isn't THAT much of an improvement...

Let me know! I'm in the exact same spot

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Got the note 2!!!!
It came on Wednesday but got rear ended (no injuries) so I couldn't activate it until last night.
Had to change it from global to lte/cdma...but drive from Easton, PA to Newark, NJ and not once did it display LTE.....

A few things....
Apps I don't need (I think)
Alarm Clock Extreme
Nova (still on the fence)
Note app (duh lol)
HD Widgets (still on the fence)
Business Calendar Widget (still on fence) Can't believe a full screen widget isn't built into the note2.

If I don't root,
I don't/ can't use:
Tasker
Root Explorer
Franco's Kernel App
Titanium Backup- May try Helium or just leave device alone
Poweramp music player
Probably a few others.
Device is huge I love it. Weights just the same as my Gnex with its extended battery.

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Got the note 2!!!!
It came on Wednesday but got rear ended (no injuries) so I couldn't activate it until last night.
Had to change it from global to lte/cdma...but drive from Easton, PA to Newark, NJ and not once did it display LTE.....

A few things....
Apps I don't need (I think)
Alarm Clock Extreme
Nova (still on the fence)
Note app (duh lol)
HD Widgets (still on the fence)
Business Calendar Widget (still on fence) Can't believe a full screen widget isn't built into the note2.

If I don't root,
I don't/ can't use:
Tasker
Root Explorer
Franco's Kernel App
Titanium Backup- May try Helium or just leave device alone
Poweramp music player
Probably a few others.
Device is huge I love it. Weights just the same as my Gnex with its extended battery.

Which carrier are u wit?

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
You can definitely use poweramp without root and pretty sure tasker as well.

There is life without rooting!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Tasker you need root....
I was thinking of just unlocking the bootloader....I like having my wifi turn on when not on BT, etc.
But for now all is good.

Sim card was bad and now I have 4g everywhere....