Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gazelle only quoted me $347 trade-in value for my mint condition Verizon Galaxy Note 2

Gazelle only quoted me $347 trade-in value for my mint condition Verizon Galaxy Note 2....
    (with the email special sent to people who have sold phones to them before)

this is $32 less than what I was quoted 3 weeks ago.... I guess this is because of the
    Note 3 coming out next month?

Should I just take the $347 and not bother with eBay or similar sites?

Default Re: Gazelle only quoted me $347 trade-in value for my mint condition Verizon Galaxy Note 2

I think it just depends on how much you like trying to sell stuff on eBay or Craigslist. Is the effort of selling the phone worth $32 to you? Of course, you might get more for it, but then again, you can't be sure. For me, it'd be a case of "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"--in other words, I'm a lazy oaf and would just do what's easiest.

Default Re: Gazelle only quoted me $347 trade-in value for my mint condition Verizon Galaxy Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by MissyHaney View Post
    Gazelle only quoted me $347 trade-in value for my mint condition Verizon Galaxy Note 2....
    (with the email special sent to people who have sold phones to them before)

this is $32 less than what I was quoted 3 weeks ago.... I guess this is because of the
    Note 3 coming out next month?

Should I just take the $347 and not bother with eBay or similar sites?
    347 is actually really good from gazelle. I've seen them as low as 300 on craigslist so to get a guarantee 347 I'd take it.

Sent from my Moto X
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP

It's simple, really. Go with the Gazelle quote. That quote is good for 30 days. Spend the next 21 days trying to sell it at a higher price on eBay or Craigslist. If you can't sell it then put it in the Gazelle box and send it out.
    Phones: Droid (2009 original stock) --> Incredible --> Thunderbolt (Rooted/ROMed) --> Galaxy Nexus (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 2 (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 3 (Stock) --> Note 4 (stock)
    Tablets: Tab 10.1 --> Note 10.1 (2014 edition)
    Watches: Pebble (original) --> Moto 360