Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Location of LTE/CDMA antennas

I recently bought an aluminum case for my Note 2, and it interferes with the LTE/CDMA signal. I was thinking of modifying the case by drilling a hole through the backing near the antenna(s), but I have been unable to find any information online about where inside the phone these antennas are located. I tried chatting with a Samsung representative, but they were unable to provide the information because they only know about the software side of things. I figured that the vast knowledge base of the members in this forum would be a good place to try.

Does anybody know where these antennas are located? I would be happy to post a write-up on my project and the results if somebody would be so kind as to help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Location of LTE/CDMA antennas

Not sure why Samsung can't help you, it was in their fcc filing, which is public record. Here it is.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Location of LTE/CDMA antennas-uploadfromtaptalk1380116352159.jpg  

NFC as well if you need it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Location of LTE/CDMA antennas-uploadfromtaptalk1380116481629.jpg  

Gonna need a bunch of holes/cutouts in that aluminum case. I'd be really curious to see if things still work properly even with all the appropriate holes.

Interior photo

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Location of LTE/CDMA antennas-uploadfromtaptalk1380117371029.jpg  
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for all the info. That was really quick. I see from the diagrams that there are multiple LTE antennas. Are these for the various carriers, or does the phone use multiple antennas to connect to Verizon's network?

Both lte antennas are for verizon. One is rx/tx, one is rx only. It only supports Verizon 4GLTE (no other carriers 4GLTE is supported )

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Okay, two more questions:

1. Does Verizon use both CDMA antennas, too?
    2. In the diagram above, am I looking at the phone form the back, or the front?

Thanks again.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Whoops, scratch that second question. It's right on the picture.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I did it. It works, but isn't pretty. I skipped the second CDMA antenna because I'm on 4G anyway, and got good enough results by drilling for those antennas.

Here's the thread: Modifying aluminum case to improve signal