- 2 Posts
possible to add a new text notification sound?
I go to Messaging > Settings > Notification Settings and I can select a new ringtone
But can I add a completely new ringtone?
Tried copying the .mp3 file into system > media > audio > notifications using File Expert, but got an error message saying the operation failed.
Converted to .ogg and used same naming convention, again received the previous error message.
Will try browsing to file location directly via pc and dropping it in, but I'm not confident that will work at all.
Any and all ideas on what to try next, are appreciated!!
- 09-30-2013, 02:24 PM #2
G2 : Optimus G Pro : G Pad 8.3 : Nexus 7 LTE
- 4,210 Posts
- CM 10.2
- 09-30-2013, 02:42 PM #4
- 09-30-2013, 03:15 PM #5
- 880 Posts
Re: possible to add a new text notification sound?
In order to put files in /system you must have root access.
You can create a folder named notifications on your SD card and place your file in there. You should then be able to see it when assigning a new tone.
If you're looking to make it a ringtone, then name the folder ringtones.
- By Liquidretro in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 13Last Post: 10-11-2013, 12:15 PM
- By sh00ter1776 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0Replies: 2Last Post: 10-01-2013, 05:22 AM
- By Xtremeyouth1 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 09-30-2013, 02:27 PM
- By semp1 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 09-30-2013, 02:06 PM
- By Chris Nguyen2 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 09-30-2013, 02:02 PM