SMS app annoyances

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
When I receive a text with a picture, it only shows me a small version of the photo. If I want to see the actual size, I have to save it, and then go find it to view it. Is there a way to fix this?

There is a bug, where if I click on a picture someone sent me as a text (perhaps they sent multiple pictures at once), it will often times bring up a different picture someone else sent me in a completely different conversation. I have to close out of that and then go back in and open it again to get the correct picture

Lastly, when I receive a text with my screen off, it will light up my screen for about 3 seconds. I would prefer the screen didn't come on unless I hit the side or bottom button to turn on the screen.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
1. To my knowledge the only way around this one is a 3rd party app. Though it only happens if the mms also has text, if it's just a pic you can view is as you would expect.

2. I have never run into this bug.

3. Go into the messaging app settings and uncheck the screen on box.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
1. To my knowledge the only way around this one is a 3rd party app. Though it only happens if the mms also has text, if it's just a pic you can view is as you would expect.

2. I have never run into this bug.

3. Go into the messaging app settings and uncheck the screen on box.

Thanks. With number 3 though, I'm not seeing that option?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I see your signature says Galaxy Nexus. Is that accurate or do you have the Note 2?

In the Note 2, open the messaging app, hit menu, scroll down.
I'm not sure if that option exists on the Nexus since that is AOSP messaging.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I see your signature says Galaxy Nexus. Is that accurate or do you have the Note 2?

In the Note 2, open the messaging app, hit menu, scroll down.
I'm not sure if that option exists on the Nexus since that is AOSP messaging.

I have a Verizon Galaxy Note 2. I update my signature to reflect this just now.

I'm still not seeing the option. I go to messaging, press menu, but the closest option is settings. I've been through that a half dozen tikes, but fair see the option. Can you please be so kind as to look and verify that you're able to turn that feature on and off?

rhegarty

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem, I downloaded GO SMS on Google play. Now I get full pics as well as themes and other options. Works great. Plus you get better emojis.

galaxy note duece

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem, I downloaded GO SMS on Google play. Now I get full pics as well as themes and other options. Works great. Plus you get better emojis.

galaxy note duece

Cool. Thanks! I downloaded it and I'm testing it out. So far, so good. Makes that touchwhiz one seem like even more of a pos

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a Verizon Galaxy Note 2. I update my signature to reflect this just now.

I'm still not seeing the option. I go to messaging, press menu, but the closest option is settings. I've been through that a half dozen tikes, but fair see the option. Can you please be so kind as to look and verify that you're able to turn that feature on and off?

It is in settings. Messaging - menu - settings.
I like go sms but hate the spam text the go team sends. All of the 3rd party sms apps provide more features than stock messaging, it has nothing to do with touch wiz. Even the Nexus devices lack those custom options.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-06-09-43-39.png
    Screenshot_2013-10-06-09-43-39.png
    152.7 KB · Views: 12

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49