Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Set recent calls as default

Every time I open phone on my Note it defaults to keypad, which is kind of stupid, cause who dials calls much any ways?

I would like mine to open to recent calls by default, but the Note seems to be lacking this in settings?

Am I missing a setting that would allow recent to show up in phone by default?

Thanks Bob
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Note II Verizon

Default Re: Set recent calls as default

I for one like it to default to the dial pad since I use speed dial, so some of us do use the dial pad.

But I do agree there should be a setting for the user to decide which one is default screen.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hopefully some one will make an additional settings app. I tried an app called Call History, but I did not care for the way it looked, so it is back to picking through the menu each time.

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts

I use the contact widget and save my most called people on the home screen. When I have to call other people I just start typing the name on the keypad till the contact shows up.

Posted via My Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by rdonnelly View Post
    Every time I open phone on my Note it defaults to keypad, which is kind of stupid, cause who dials calls much any ways?

I would like mine to open to recent calls by default, but the Note seems to be lacking this in settings?

Am I missing a setting that would allow recent to show up in phone by default?

Thanks Bob
    I use Go Contacts for my dialer for this very reason.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I found the perfect app to load history, "Call Log Monitor" it is the closest I found to the built in recent calls but much faster. It even shows my personalized contact with pictures.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...trelay.calllog
    Thanked by:

Did anyone find a way to set this as default. I am not needing the App or Functionality of Recent calls. I just want to be able to click Phone once and go in to recent calls so it will clear the Missed Call counter.