Samsung officially announced that the upcoming 4.3 will be the FINAL official update for Note 2

centerwaters

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Samsung officially announced that the upcoming 4.3 update will be the FINAL official update for the Note 2.
Not surprising... since they've been hinting that for almost 4 months..

Oh well, at least we're fortunate enough that the Note 2, as it is right now, runs very smoothly. :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Samsung officially announced that the upcoming 4.3 update will be the FINAL official update for the Note 2.

Oh well, at least we're fortunate enough that the Note 2, as it is right now, runs very smoothly. :)
It has had a good run.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This wouldn't surprise me. Finishing up on 4.3 isn't a bad thing at all.

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app

garyart1

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Out of curiosity, where did you read this. I just searched it on the Web and everything I read points to it eventually getting 4.4.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity, where did you read this. I just searched it on the Web and everything I read points to it eventually getting 4.4.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

It really doesn't matter TBH. 4.4 isn't even officially released and even once it is your talking a few months on the Nexus devices and then maybe a new flagship device or two releasing with it. Last if your lucky about 4 to 6 months at the earliest you can start thinking about seeing older devices possibly getting updated to it.

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
The way I look at it, most phones get, what, two upgrades to the OS (not counting Nexus I'm assuming; never had one myself). This one, if I'm right, started on 4.1.1. Got a bump to 4.1.2, and next logical would've been 4.2.2. But, Samsung decided to skip that one and instead give us 4.3. Far as I'm concerned they've done well. If this is the last version bump then I'm cool with it. If somehow come springtime or thereabouts they bump us to 4.4 then that's a bonus. This phone just plain rocks no matter what!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The way I look at it, most phones get, what, two upgrades to the OS (not counting Nexus I'm assuming; never had one myself). This one, if I'm right, started on 4.1.1. Got a bump to 4.1.2, and next logical would've been 4.2.2. But, Samsung decided to skip that one and instead give us 4.3. Far as I'm concerned they've done well. If this is the last version bump then I'm cool with it. If somehow come springtime or thereabouts they bump us to 4.4 then that's a bonus. This phone just plain rocks no matter what!

This is true.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
The phone is pretty much perfect on the current software, so I would survive if they never updated. However, if 4.3 makes it better in some way then who am I to complain? I just hope that they only make it the last stop if it works perfectly. If they pull a Toshiba and release a bad update and then leave us there then I will be one unhappy camper.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The current official version is so nice I don't really care if I don't get any more updates unlike my stupid Bionic that I used to have. Turns out nothing could make that thing into a decent phone

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, I do not believe one major update in the year its been out is a good run. Yes it went from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 but that wasn't a large update. Paying $700 for a device I expect better from the manufacturer. Two years is a minimum they should push updates out. I understand Verizon slows things down but they don't stop them. As much as I love Samsung products Ill be keeping my eye on others to see if they do any better. A shame too because I recently bought my 55in Samsung TV to go with all my other devices.

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
That's utter BS. 4.4 is said to work with older hardware with only 512mb of memory. There is no reason they would cut off support for the Note 2 at 4.3. Reading many articles, I am 120% sure that the Note 2 will get 4.4. I bet it will even get more than that later on. This phone will probably get official updates at least until they get out the Note 4 in Sept 2014.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Sad to say though just because its designed to work on older hardware doesn't mean OEM will take the time to make it so.

centerwaters

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Sad to say though just because its designed to work on older hardware doesn't mean OEM will take the time to make it so.

so true... the Note 3, Note 4, or Note 5 will suffer the same fate.... that's one of the downsides of owning Android devices. I hate Apple and have switched to Android many years ago. However, one of the really old iPhones that I kept still get the most recent iOS update as of this year.

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have not seen anything official anywhere. The op should post where they got this supposed official news.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App