Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By DevilJack
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  • 2 Post By Lefty Drummer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung officially announced that the upcoming 4.3 will be the FINAL official update for Note 2

Samsung officially announced that the upcoming 4.3 update will be the FINAL official update for the Note 2.
    Not surprising... since they've been hinting that for almost 4 months..

Oh well, at least we're fortunate enough that the Note 2, as it is right now, runs very smoothly.

Global Posts
    17,450 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Samsung officially announced that the upcoming 4.3 will be the FINAL official update for Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by centerwaters View Post
    Samsung officially announced that the upcoming 4.3 update will be the FINAL official update for the Note 2.

Oh well, at least we're fortunate enough that the Note 2, as it is right now, runs very smoothly.
    It has had a good run.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: Samsung officially announced that the upcoming 4.3 will be the FINAL official update for Note 2

Eh I'll believe it when I see it

Sent from The Darkside of the Womb
    Android_Lee likes this.

This wouldn't surprise me. Finishing up on 4.3 isn't a bad thing at all.

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Quote Originally Posted by centerwaters View Post

Out of curiosity, where did you read this. I just searched it on the Web and everything I read points to it eventually getting 4.4.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by garyart1 View Post
    Out of curiosity, where did you read this. I just searched it on the Web and everything I read points to it eventually getting 4.4.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    It really doesn't matter TBH. 4.4 isn't even officially released and even once it is your talking a few months on the Nexus devices and then maybe a new flagship device or two releasing with it. Last if your lucky about 4 to 6 months at the earliest you can start thinking about seeing older devices possibly getting updated to it.

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    Android Addict

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.1.2 JB

Quote Originally Posted by DevilJack View Post
    Eh I'll believe it when I see it
    My thoughts exactly. I've been with Verizon long enough to know not to believe it until I see the notification icon.
    @Android_Lee
    Galaxy Note III
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 5
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 7
    KitKat 4.4 Stock Rooted

yes, by the time we would see kit kat, contracts will be up and people will be looking to buy a new device

ROM
    .246 ICS

The way I look at it, most phones get, what, two upgrades to the OS (not counting Nexus I'm assuming; never had one myself). This one, if I'm right, started on 4.1.1. Got a bump to 4.1.2, and next logical would've been 4.2.2. But, Samsung decided to skip that one and instead give us 4.3. Far as I'm concerned they've done well. If this is the last version bump then I'm cool with it. If somehow come springtime or thereabouts they bump us to 4.4 then that's a bonus. This phone just plain rocks no matter what!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    jlost and Paul627g like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Drummer View Post
    The way I look at it, most phones get, what, two upgrades to the OS (not counting Nexus I'm assuming; never had one myself). This one, if I'm right, started on 4.1.1. Got a bump to 4.1.2, and next logical would've been 4.2.2. But, Samsung decided to skip that one and instead give us 4.3. Far as I'm concerned they've done well. If this is the last version bump then I'm cool with it. If somehow come springtime or thereabouts they bump us to 4.4 then that's a bonus. This phone just plain rocks no matter what!

This is true.

The phone is pretty much perfect on the current software, so I would survive if they never updated. However, if 4.3 makes it better in some way then who am I to complain? I just hope that they only make it the last stop if it works perfectly. If they pull a Toshiba and release a bad update and then leave us there then I will be one unhappy camper.

I call BS. No one has said final.

The current official version is so nice I don't really care if I don't get any more updates unlike my stupid Bionic that I used to have. Turns out nothing could make that thing into a decent phone

Samsung Note 2 and Gear 2

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts

I'm sorry, I do not believe one major update in the year its been out is a good run. Yes it went from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 but that wasn't a large update. Paying $700 for a device I expect better from the manufacturer. Two years is a minimum they should push updates out. I understand Verizon slows things down but they don't stop them. As much as I love Samsung products Ill be keeping my eye on others to see if they do any better. A shame too because I recently bought my 55in Samsung TV to go with all my other devices.

That's utter BS. 4.4 is said to work with older hardware with only 512mb of memory. There is no reason they would cut off support for the Note 2 at 4.3. Reading many articles, I am 120% sure that the Note 2 will get 4.4. I bet it will even get more than that later on. This phone will probably get official updates at least until they get out the Note 4 in Sept 2014.

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts

Sad to say though just because its designed to work on older hardware doesn't mean OEM will take the time to make it so.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by byrds8 View Post
    Sad to say though just because its designed to work on older hardware doesn't mean OEM will take the time to make it so.
    so true... the Note 3, Note 4, or Note 5 will suffer the same fate.... that's one of the downsides of owning Android devices. I hate Apple and have switched to Android many years ago. However, one of the really old iPhones that I kept still get the most recent iOS update as of this year.

1 week and 18 posts and still no link has been supplied that confirms what the OP says is official
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by viper31573 View Post
    1 week and 18 posts and still no link has been supplied that confirms what the OP says is official
    I think the op forgot the "un" in the thread title m

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanked by:

I have not seen anything official anywhere. The op should post where they got this supposed official news.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

Think about this . The phone works great just how it is and the majority of the users out the dont really know about updates nor do they care as long as there device is working properly . So Verizon not going to go crazy pushing out updates . If it aint broke dot fix it . Remember not all phone users are phone geeks like us . I love updates like the rest of us just to see change and whats new .

What a surprise....googled and found nothing regarding this being the last update. Looks like someone just stirring up a fuss.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by: