Phone doesn't make call when I put phone up to my ear

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone, just got my Note 2 last night and loving it so far. I have a few questions though. On my galaxy S3 when I was in contacts and put the phone up to my ear it would automatically dial the number. I read that the Note 2 can do this, have tried numerous settings, not sure where to go if I missed it somewhere. Can someone tell me what to check in settings to get the phone to do it?
Also, and I have read this is a common problem on the Note 2, the screen goes black when I"m on a call and when I go to hang up have to hit the power button. Is the screen suppose to do this? Is there a setting to keep it on?
Thanks in advance, appreciate the help.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Never mind about putting the phone to my ear, it was in Settings>Motion>Direct Dial. I have that one solved, but anyone know how to make the screen stay on longer when in a call or so I can hang up. I know about being able to use the home button and enable it to hang up, just was hoping to have the screen stay on during a call. Maybe an app?

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Open the phone app > menu button > call settings > uncheck auto screen off during calls.

That should keep your screen on when using the phone app.

Edit:
When the screen is always on during your call, it is easy to mash buttons with your cheek.

Edit #2
Another option:
Settings > Accessibility > Answering/Ending calls > Check The power key ends calls
This will allow you to end a call by just hitting the power button. If you don't want your screen always on during calls

I will be ready for my next upgrade by the time I learn all the options and settings built in to this phone.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21