1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 5 months left in my contract, but local Verizon corporate store said I could upgrade to Note 3 today

5 months left in my contract, but local Verizon corporate store said I could upgrade to Note 3 today, as long as I agree to sign another 2-year contract.

drum roll please..... oh, the other condition was that I had to switch from my unlimited plan to a current Verizon plan which the VZW manager said: "will save a bundle of money!"

I think he failed to look up my monthly usage for the last several months. I use at least 60GB per month, except in July when I was out of the country on vacation.(but still managed 20GB for the 11 days)

Should I accept this generous offer to upgrade 5 months early?

Now that I think about it... what the manager meant was that VERIZON "will save a bundle of money!" by having me switch from unlimited to a current plan!!!

Default Re: 5 months left in my contract, but local Verizon corporate store said I could upgrade to Note 3 t

Don't do it. Not worth losing unlimited plan.

Global Posts
    435 Global Posts

Default Re: 5 months left in my contract, but local Verizon corporate store said I could upgrade to Note 3 t

Wait the 5 months!

sent from my Galaxy Note 2

One thing to consider us that, if you ever take the subsidized upgrade, you're going to lose unlimited data, no matter when you take it. So, if you're OK with that, you might as well take the deal if you want the Note 3 now. Otherwise, if you want to keep unlimited data, you're going to have to pay full retail.

Posted via Android Central App

Your data usage in previous months is probably the reason your able to upgrade early. As was stated if you upgrade at promotional pricing ever, you lose your unlimited data, even when your out of contact. If your using that much data it is well worth it for you to stay on unlimited and provide your own equipment thru private sale or full retail.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

And, even with full retail, be careful. Don't let Verizon get you to take their "Next" program deal (can't remember if that's the name of theirs or AT&T's program). Even though it charges you full retail over the term of your contract, they'll take away unlimited data. You're going to have to pay full retail all at once, without signing a new contract, something I'm betting the sales staff are going to be trained to discourage.

Quote Originally Posted by ALCingularUser View Post
    And, even with full retail, be careful. Don't let Verizon get you to take their "Next" program deal (can't remember if that's the name of theirs or AT&T's program). Even though it charges you full retail over the term of your contract, they'll take away unlimited data. You're going to have to pay full retail all at once, without signing a new contract, something I'm betting the sales staff are going to be trained to discourage.

If you want to finance, buy from best buy pm to Verizon. 18 months 0% and 5% rewards

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Dont do it!!! If you use that much data you will screw yourself.. Pony up and pay full retail...

I think you should use the next 5 months to start saving up to pay full price for the Note 3. Once you use that upgrade and renew your contract, you will lose your unlimited data.