Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By YukeYukeTroublemaker
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Was excited for the Note 3 until I did some more reading...May stick with my Note 2..

    The reviews of the note 3 have been glowing all over the internet until I read issues that real world users were having. The crackle at max volume, poor reception, poor voice quality, poor camera quality and laggy performance even with the more powerful specs than my note 2. These aformentioned issues, I have NOT had any of them with my note 2. At max volume my note 2 shines, I get great reception virtually everywhere I go, my pictures are excellent (I primarily used it on my trip to spain and took amazing pictures in both light and dark), my note 2 has not skipped a beat in terms of performance, It has eaten everything I have thrown at it.

    I guess the buggest draw of the Note 3 for me was the higher res screen. I have unlimited data and use netflix.. A LOT. SO i was excited about this. The new chipset was also nice with the bump in ram and bump in storage 32gb opposed to 16gb.. I do rock a 64gb micro sd card on the side though...

    What I have read the Note 3 cannot do that my Note 2 can..
    -Run Flash on the stock browser without me having to DL a 3rd party browser app
    -Play Divx, flv, and other media files without me having to DL a 3rd party player

    Im big into media. Music, Movies, Browing, Etc.. if someone with a note 3 is reading this maybe you can share your experiences? Talk me into getting a note 3!!! I have went to a local Verizon and got in touch with the guy who did my last upgrade (droid x to note 2) and he said he could do some of his mojo so I could step into a note 3 and keep my unlimited data...
    FSU30 likes this.
  2. #2  
    fwhomeboy's Avatar

    Posts
    169 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Was excited for the Note 3 until I did some more reading...May stick with my Note 2..

    I could step into a note 3 and keep my unlimited data...??? Yeah, I'd like to know how to do this too...
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Was excited for the Note 3 until I did some more reading...May stick with my Note 2..

    I went from the Note 2 to the Note 3 as soon as it was available. Since then I have had no problems at all. The screen is fantastic, the build of the device is much nicer then the Note 2, no performance hickups, and the 32GB internal is very handy. I have had none of the issues you mentioned.

    The samsung and 4.3 software improvements are also nice, but you may get them eventually on the Note 2.

    In every way, the Note 3 is an improvement over the Note 2. I suspect that most - if not all - of the issues you are reading apart have only been experienced by a handful of people and then blown up on the internet.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Was excited for the Note 3 until I did some more reading...May stick with my Note 2..

    Quote Originally Posted by fwhomeboy View Post
    I could step into a note 3 and keep my unlimited data...??? Yeah, I'd like to know how to do this too...
    Using another lines upgrade (I have 5 lines. 3 smart and 2 dumb) he told me it was a hush hush thing.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Was excited for the Note 3 until I did some more reading...May stick with my Note 2..

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    I went from the Note 2 to the Note 3 as soon as it was available. Since then I have had no problems at all. The screen is fantastic, the build of the device is much nicer then the Note 2, no performance hickups, and the 32GB internal is very handy. I have had none of the issues you mentione

    The samsung and 4.3 software improvements are also nice, but you may get them eventually on the Note 2.

    In every way, the Note 3 is an improvement over the Note 2. I suspect that most - if not all - of the issues you are reading apart have only been experienced by a handful of people and then blown up on the internet.
    Are you able to play .avi and flv files? How about flash?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Was excited for the Note 3 until I did some more reading...May stick with my Note 2..

    Never had any of those problems, Never ran into a problem when I needed flash so yea, The note 3 is a upgrade in every way

    Sent from my Sexy Galaxy Note 3
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Was excited for the Note 3 until I did some more reading...May stick with my Note 2..

    Quote Originally Posted by YukeYukeTroublemaker View Post
    The reviews of the note 3 have been glowing all over the internet until I read issues that real world users were having. The crackle at max volume, poor reception, poor voice quality, poor camera quality and laggy performance even with the more powerful specs than my note 2. These aformentioned issues, I have NOT had any of them with my note 2. At max volume my note 2 shines, I get great reception virtually everywhere I go, my pictures are excellent (I primarily used it on my trip to spain and took amazing pictures in both light and dark), my note 2 has not skipped a beat in terms of performance, It has eaten everything I have thrown at it.

    I guess the buggest draw of the Note 3 for me was the higher res screen. I have unlimited data and use netflix.. A LOT. SO i was excited about this. The new chipset was also nice with the bump in ram and bump in storage 32gb opposed to 16gb.. I do rock a 64gb micro sd card on the side though...

    What I have read the Note 3 cannot do that my Note 2 can..
    -Run Flash on the stock browser without me having to DL a 3rd party browser app
    -Play Divx, flv, and other media files without me having to DL a 3rd party player

    Im big into media. Music, Movies, Browing, Etc.. if someone with a note 3 is reading this maybe you can share your experiences? Talk me into getting a note 3!!! I have went to a local Verizon and got in touch with the guy who did my last upgrade (droid x to note 2) and he said he could do some of his mojo so I could step into a note 3 and keep my unlimited data...
    -I haven't had any crackling problem at max volume on my note 3. If someone has an issue, then it should be replaced under warranty.

    -My Verizon Note 3 has good reception, on par with my Verizon Note 2. I checked signal strength, and saw that it was +/- 3 db, with sometimes the Note 2 being higher, and sometimes the Note 3 being higher. I haven't had any issues with noice quality either.

    -The camera on the Note 2 and 3 are good, under ideal conditions. under not so ideal conditions (low light, subject or camera not steady, no flash), both phones struggle. Having used both, to me, they aren't really much different in performance. Some claim better low light performance in the Note 2. I haven't really noticed myself. If it's there, it isn't going to be a night and day difference.


    -In terms of performance, both seem to work as well as each other.

    With regards to Flash, neither the Note 2 nor Note 3 can play flash out of the box. you would have to sideload flash on both phones. There are plenty of browser options that support flash.

    With regards to divx, no experience with that, but MP4s play fine on the stock player.



    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Was excited for the Note 3 until I did some more reading...May stick with my Note 2..

    Quote Originally Posted by fwhomeboy View Post
    I could step into a note 3 and keep my unlimited data...??? Yeah, I'd like to know how to do this too...
    You could transfer upgrade to a non unlimited line if you have a family plan. Or wait for a glitch, ymmv of course. There was one in September and one last month that allowed people to upgrade and keep unlimited.

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Was excited for the Note 3 until I did some more reading...May stick with my Note 2..

    Don't you have to pay full retail price to keep your grandfathered unlimited 4G data plan? If you buy a new device under Verizon's discount price, you will lose your unlimited data plan. I always have to pay full retail myself nowadays to keep my own unlimited 4G data plan.
    Is that a Samsung Note 3 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Was excited for the Note 3 until I did some more reading...May stick with my Note 2..

    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    Don't you have to pay full retail price to keep your grandfathered unlimited 4G data plan? If you buy a new device under Verizon's discount price, you will lose your unlimited data plan. I always have to pay full retail myself nowadays to keep my own unlimited 4G data plan.
    Not if you transfer the upgrade to a non unlimited line or upgrade during the glitch, like the ones that happened in September and October.

    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Was excited for the Note 3 until I did some more reading...May stick with my Note 2..

    Quote Originally Posted by YukeYukeTroublemaker View Post
    Using another lines upgrade (I have 5 lines. 3 smart and 2 dumb) he told me it was a hush hush thing.
    That's not a hush hush thing, anyone can do that. I do out all the time.

    And I like my note 3, have had none of those issues.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Was excited for the Note 3 until I did some more reading...May stick with my Note 2..

    When the Note 2 was released, there were similar complaints. I have owned both devices. I Can say that the Note 3 is a better device. I actually like the build better on the Note 2. But everything else is better on the Note 3.

    Scribbled on my Note 3, baddest smartphone on the planet.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Was excited for the Note 3 until I did some more reading...May stick with my Note 2..

    I have had my Note 3 now 2 wks,. Good things display and battery seems to last 2 maybe 3 days,. But negative points. 3G 4G signal is lost in same places where my S3 was working some what but old Nokia E71 was just business as usual. Also noticed that Note 3 is swapping between network antennas where signal is strong it may change to signal where its less. sw bug,. I dont recomend this product incase y have weak signal from the network provider,.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Was excited for the Note 3 until I did some more reading...May stick with my Note 2..

    Quote Originally Posted by Juha Vesterinen View Post
    I have had my Note 3 now 2 wks,. Good things display and battery seems to last 2 maybe 3 days,. But negative points. 3G 4G signal is lost in same places where my S3 was working some what but old Nokia E71 was just business as usual. Also noticed that Note 3 is swapping between network antennas where signal is strong it may change to signal where its less. sw bug,. I dont recomend this product incase y have weak signal from the network provider,.
    Hopefully Verizon's update fixes that problem.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Was excited for the Note 3 until I did some more reading...May stick with my Note 2..

    Quote Originally Posted by trucksmoveamerica#AC View Post
    Hopefully Verizon's update fixes that problem.
    I'm on Verizon and have had no issues with network coverage except in one specific spot near Lake Michigan.

    Juha is in Europe, and is probably not on Verizon.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Was excited for the Note 3 until I did some more reading...May stick with my Note 2..

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    I'm on Verizon and have had no issues with network coverage except in one specific spot near Lake Michigan.

    Juha is in Europe, and is probably not on Verizon.
    I'm on verizon and had no problems either, but apparently some are, so hopefully for them it is fixed now.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Having trouble with a boot loop with my Galaxy S2
    By ManDroid7 in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S II
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-30-2014, 12:40 AM
  2. will we even get a high spec droid with a 4" screen ?
    By stalemate1 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-09-2013, 01:01 AM
  3. projector for android games
    By thenanobyte in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 01:38 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 10:20 AM
  5. Google Sim Card Coming soon with 4.4
    By Fairclough in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-05-2013, 11:57 AM

Posting Permissions